IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ate my ServiceV002!

Hi, I downloaded Smart Defrag 2.0 and after I got rid of some heavily fragmented (and memory sucking) Windows Reporting Errors files, it defragmented my C drive beautifully. I should have stopped there. *sigh* My ServiceV002 partition thing-a-majiggie was at 10% and after researching that I discovered optimum is 20% so I did a boot-up defrag. When I defragmented the boot-up files with Smart Defrag, ServiceV002 dropped to 4% space left.. so I tried running Diskeeper on it instead, and there isn't even enough memory left to do that. Help! What happened to my ServiceV002 memory? My system is Vista Home Basic, SP2, Lenovo with Avira, WinPatrol and Superantispyware Professional. Yeah, I know... I'm going to upgrade to a Toshiba, 64 bit with Windows 7 in about six months or so.

I think I read somewhere that the ServiceV002 partition is a special Recovery or system-backup, used only in Lenovo Thinkpad-laptops, correct?

If that's true then it's probably a Compressed type file format?

Only recently did IObit make changes to SD to handle compressed backups.

So, if the Lenovo uses a different compression format than Windows back-ups, SD may not see it correctly and bypass it, as it should.

That is my guess as to what is happening.

If that is true, IObit would have to add a special program routine just to handle that make computer's recovery partition?

Thanks for responding. I'm on a desktop, not a Thinkpad. I don't think it's a compressed disk, but it does have something to do with restore, I believe. These are the particulars:

Volume ServiceV002

Volume size: 5068 mb

Cluster size: 4 kb

Used space: 4714 mb

Free space: 354 mb

Percent free space: 6 %

Defrag method: Max Disk Performance

Fragmentation Percentage

Volume fragmentation: 5%

Data fragmentation: 5%

File Fragnmentation

Total files: 9107

Average file Size: 634 kb

Total fragmented files: 1

Total excess fragments: 3

Average fragments per file: 1.00

Files with performance loss: 0

Paging file fragmentation

Paging/Swap file size: 0 bytes

Total fragments: 0

Directory fragmentation

Total directories: 466

Fragmented directories: 0

Excess fragment directories: 0

Master File Table (MFT) fragmentation

Total MFT size: 9600 kb

MFT records in use: 9587

Percent MFT in use: 99%

Total MFT fragments: 2

Before the defrag there was 550 mb free space.

I ran the defrag for both volumes at Max Performance as opposed to Quick Optomize like I did the first time.. both the SW_Preload (C drive) volume and for the ServiceV002 volume. I'm wondering if that's where I messed up. Perhaps I should have done the Boot Time Defrag as Quick Optomize or even Defrag Only.

Archived