IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

System Requirements For ASC4

zoeff50

Have 2 licences for ASC3; used on 2 laptops.

New power laptop, WinXP(still happy), 4(3.3)GB ram, 2.5GHz processor; ASC3 and ASC4beta are running ok. ASC3 however much faster than ASC4 beta.

Old laptop, WinXP, 500MB ram, 1 GHz processor; ASC3 running ok, but somewhat slow, can be expected. ASC4beta troublesome, very, very slow.

Question, what are the min system req'ments for ASC4?

Hi zoeff50,

Don't you think 500MB RAM is quite in the very low side for today's softwares?

I wonder what is left for ASC4 when you try to run it!

Perhaps you can give us the information using Smart RAM.

I believe, you are benchmarking the minimum requirements for ASC4. 8:)

I am positively sure that if you had more RAM, ASC4 would have acted better.

Cheers.

Hi zoeff50,

Don't you think 500MB RAM is quite in the very low side for today's softwares?

I wonder what is left for ASC4 when you try to run it!

Perhaps you can give us the information using Smart RAM.

I believe, you are benchmarking the minimum requirements for ASC4. 8:)

I am positively sure that if you had more RAM, ASC4 would have acted better.

Cheers.

A lot of devices still sold in 2011 like ASUS Eee Netbooks come with 512MB RAM. Ideally an optimization software should run on even less than that considering the amount of old OEM and server machines still in service. This software doesn't use 3D or anything. I detected UI-latency on a dual core machine with 512MB and a Geforce 6 128MB card which is still used daily; it took asc 3 to make 4 work. I know older people who use even older hardware than this for communications and work.

I still have a good 1934 Ford but I certainly don't expect it to perform as well as my wife's new Caddy. :wink: :lol:

To me a computer with less than 1.GB of RAM fits into same catagory as my '34 Ford (Great but Obsolete). :lol:

(Windows-7 won't even Install with RAM that Low.)

What do you mean 'it took ASC-3 to make 4 work'?

Did one of the ASC-3 utilities fix something in ASC-4 program?

If so, which one?

I still have a good 1934 Ford but I certainly don't expect it to perform as well as my wife's new Caddy. :wink: :lol:

To me a computer with less than 1.GB of RAM fits into same catagory as my '34 Ford (Great but Obsolete). :lol:

(Windows-7 won't even Install with RAM that Low.)

What do you mean 'it took ASC-3 to make 4 work'?

Did one of the ASC-3 utilities fix something in ASC-4 program?

If so, which one?

A 2Ghz/1066Mhz dual-core machine with a Nvidia PCIe 2.0 card isn't exactly "obsolete", and weaker x86 systems are still being manufactured and sold in 2011 to consumers. I can think of many-many systems that fall under "obsolete" still used by households and small businesses too; especially seniors, conservative business people, and plants who just do things like print shipping labels.

Also all that aside..a utility software shouldn't choke out on anything made in the years it's supported OSs were available. An optimization software should still run on XP and 128MB DDR2 if they support XP. Maybe even 64MB DDR2. I can guarantee my test systems are way ahead of at least 1/3 of this software's whole demographic.

Yes, and I Know my Obsolete '34 is Old, but I Still LOVE it.:lol:

So, I know how you feel about those Obsolete computers. :wink:

Only problem with your analogy is that this is software under a trademark. Make it buggy on systems, and owners go spend money and contribute to your competitor, maybe even fill review sites with bad reviews.

Their is a big difference between software sales and quality(especially under trademark) and over-indulgent hobbies like collecting old cars.

It's just a thought though, but this IS just a utility software..not a 3D game or industrial solution. Their is no reason it should have UI bugs on any machine that is less than 8 years old at most.

"Over-Indulgent hobbies" :shock:

Too Many 'Negative Vibes' in this thread for me. :roll:

You Win! :wink:

That was probably too politician like, but it's still a significant demographic that gets ignored if this stays buggy, and what about new hardware/software that goes un-managed too long, and the UI becomes unresponsive?

• 2 weeks later...
XP Pro seems to require 2GB of ram. any less systems are sluggish.

What would be a recommended memory size for a video card?:!:

That's max. I've ran it on 200Mhz Pentium and 64MB RAM with low-end graphics using firefox not long ago.

http://www.winhistory.de/more/386/xpmini_eng.htm

There is no reason an optimization utility shouldn't run on 500Mhz/128MB and higher. There is competition who always do though, and they sale software too.

Archived