IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

setup switches for smart defrag 2

formatdynamics

I tried to use the switches from my silent 1.x installs, namely "/VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP-", for 2.x, but after the install i receive the choose a skin/language msg box.

Any new setup switches for 2.x that we're not aware of to get rid of this?

Thanks,

-Tony

Okay, from what I've seen SD 2.0 is Not designed to be used in an enterprise Network environment, so I doubt that IObit has tested or even used it that way.

So there will probably be other problems in trying to do that.

But I could be wrong, and I hope I am. :grin:

There is talk of future Server versions though.

Be sure to let us know how that works out?

worked on 1.5 very well. and other than the skin/language msg box, which i thought would be suppressed with the /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES switch, it works good too. thought with the silent install it would pick the skin/language defaults, but maybe they just missed this particular box suppression for 2.x

-Tony

• 1 month later...

That window is a process that is run by Smart Defrag on the first install. Theres 2 ways to get rid if ot. The method I know and use is taskkill:

taskkill.exe /F /IM SDInit.exe

Or you can fins the user settings file where those options are kept and insert values (maybe a reg key) but that would be hard cause you would have to process the edit before the Program started. It would be a very tight window.

So TaskKill.exe is the best method. Just run it like I showed after the installer.

• 1 year later...

Archived