IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag Should have startup at log on recommendation

kilgin

Hi

I'm sure a lot of you have noticed that on laptops, smart defrag does not startup with windows if laptop starts up in battery mode.

This means that in order for a defrag to take place when the laptop is later plugged in, the computer must be restarted or the program must be started manually.

This kind of use prevents Smart Defrag from fulfilling its 'always running in the background' feature.

I would suggest that there should be an option for the program to startup at windows logon, this would allow the program to be 'on', but not necessarily defragging until it detects a laptop is plugged in.

What do you all think?

Hi kilgin,

The last thing wanted is that the laptop is deffraging and the power goes off, which may hinder the laptop as unusable.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it will still bring the possibility of power going off when automatically defragging on laptops not connected to a UPS, not to mention the resource usage specially on laptops.

Cheers.

Hi EnoSkype,

Thanks for the quick reply, I liked the comments from you message but I got the impression I expressed my recommendation properly.

"The last thing wanted is that the laptop is deffraging and the power goes off, which may hinder the laptop as unusable."

-This is a major concern and of course if the program was actively defragmenting the pc while a shut down procedure was taking place (let's say because of a low battery) would be catastrophic.

What I was suggesting was to have an option to have the system tray icon active at any log on time. This would allow Smart Defrag to spring into action any time a laptop was plugged in, and then stop defragmenting if it detected a pc went back into battery mode (already provided by the 'stop defragmenting in battery mode option in settings).

Having this option would make smart defrag almost completely comparable with the latest version of Diskeeper for the home user. Smart Defrag would have two distinctive edges over Diskeeper, itself is free

1. Smart Defrag 2 is free.

2. Smart Defrag 2 is much easier to operate than Diskeeper

Have I clarified my point? If so do you think this feature would be viable in a future Smart Defrag release?

Thanks for hearing me out

I did understand your suggestion kilgin and it was clear, but my concern is auto defragging without users concern and if user chooses to use it to use on power and then on battery in a very short time. This is valid for using it on power though. Anyway, IObit could work on it a bit more and could find a safe solution.

Thanks for the suggestion again.

IObit is thinking on more functions, but they may come in next major version, I think. :grin:

Cheers.

Archived