IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Really, really, really, disappointed in 4

I've been recommending ASC 3 to everyone who is stuck on a Windows box. The other day I saw the beta 4 version. Wow is that ever disappointing! It's far too complicated for average users. Way too many options. The added complexity is going to cost IObit a huge amount of market share. The toolbox is for geeks, average users will just break their systems; then be angry at IObit.

I guess you are thinking that the added complexity will get more users to pay for the automatic version, but it won't work. The complexity will just annoy or confuse them, and all those users will go elsewhere.

Lance

For a New user, that has never used either one, ASC-4 is just as easy to use and probably easier for most people.

But those that have used older version get accustomed to it.

It's like changing to a new Operating-system, it takes a while to get accustomed to changes.

But once you do, you grow to appreciate it's improvements and capabilities.

I've been recommending ASC 3 to everyone who is stuck on a Windows box. The other day I saw the beta 4 version. Wow is that ever disappointing! It's far too complicated for average users. Way too many options. The added complexity is going to cost IObit a huge amount of market share. The toolbox is for geeks, average users will just break their systems; then be angry at IObit.

I guess you are thinking that the added complexity will get more users to pay for the automatic version, but it won't work. The complexity will just annoy or confuse them, and all those users will go elsewhere.

Lance

Lance,

I have a weekly AM Radio show geared mainly toward "Baby Boomers" (55+) & I can tell you that users in general are truly gaining ground. I think ASC-4 is a "perfect learning tool". Not only does give the novice the "QUICK CLEAN" option but gently encourages them to explore and begin to get a glimpse into the finer points of system configuration.

Welcome

I think ASC-4 is a "perfect learning tool". Not only does give the novice the "QUICK CLEAN" option but gently encourages them to explore and begin to get a glimpse into the finer points of system configuration.

My sentiments exactly.

Welcome to the forum 0bWAN :smile:

I recently got an email from a friend who has almost no knowledge of and only a little interest in computers. They told me they had used ASC 4 to put Copy To Folder... and Move To Folder.... in the Context Menu, this feature was exactly what they were wishing for and they were soooooooo excited at having 'tweaked' their computer.

Not exciting news for many but most certainly a rewarding experience for them. After all, it is supposed to be a Personal Computer.

Great to see :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived