IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Context Menu missing functions (B) (F)

mckeonj

In the new ASC4, the functions (B) Boost with ASC, and (F) Open File Location no longer appear in the context menu, neither are they listed in the General Settings list. They are very handy functions, and I miss them sorely.

Could they please be added in the next update, or is there a config file that could be edited by user?

To make sure what you mean by 'Context Menu', you are talking about the menu that comes up when you Right-click on the ASC-4 Icon, correct?

If so, I see both of those (B & F) when I right-click on the Icon.

I'm using W-7 and version V4 2.0 of ASC, though. Maybe that is the difference?

Hi Toppack,

I think you still have ASC3 installed on yor PC. :wink:

Hi mckeonj, welcome to IObit forum. :grin:

ASC4 does not have the former right-click menu Boost (High CPU priority) function, but has "File Location" function.

ASC3, even if the OS was Vista or Windows 7 (which have originally "Open File Location" function), had an extra "Open File Location" function,

Now in ASC4, since Vista and Windows 7 have that function originally, it only has "Open File Location" function with an icon just below "Shortcut Fix" in lesser Windows OSes such as XP.

You can see the "Open File Location" function without an icon in Vista and Win7 just above "Lock with Protected Folder" function in the right-click menu of a shortcut.

Cheers to you all.

Hi Toppack,

I think you still have ASC3 installed on yor PC. :wink:

:oops: Oops, yes that is correct! :oops:

(We still have both on our Testing computer)

I did not think about that, since I never use 3 anymore.

Archived