IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

diskmanager

nickdrin

a.w.c. now has a diskmanager,which shows a lot of faults on my computer but no help as how to cure or remove the said problems i tried deleting but that did not help in any way, does anyone have any info on using diskmanager,and its function?????

nick

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand Diskmanager at all. It just shows a pie graph of my main disk (not my flash drive nor cd rom) and a line graph below it - they both show how much used and unused disk space. It does not have the tools to manage partitions or anything. What good is it? I get more information through Windows XP SP3. If you know how to use this utility would you please let me know? Thanks.

Hi nickdrin, hi jonestexas

On the "Disk Explorer window", click "Analyse" button and let it analyse your disk.

At the end of analysis, another window will show a bigger pie graph and details on the right with several buttons at the top.

After clicking one of the buttons, right click on a specific file and you will have a menu with choices.

Example of usage:

You can choose "Top 100" button and find out the top 100 files starting with the largest, and decreasing sizes downwards that occupy your disk.

If you are sure that any of them is useless, you can delete them from there.

I hope this helps. Cheers.

NOTE:

It is same in the new AWC3 Beta also.

• 2 weeks later...

Diskmanager: What?

I also am befuddled by how to handle the diskmanager catagories.

I ran the analyser, which produced a multitude of entries.

How do I determine what to delete and what to ignore? (etal: rubbish, clones, etc.), and will this free up valuable space overall? Now please reply in non-geek English for us pc dummies....It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :-?:cry::oops:

• 5 months later...

Hi drmchsr-don't worry, I'm fluent in "computer dummy" As Enoskype pointed out, after analysis,you will see categories of files-take for example "rubbish"-that's where I start. Right click on a line item and you will get the following options-open,jump to folder,move to recycle bin, and properties.Now most of these files can't be opened by Windows(I know,what good is that?)but you can select properties to see what type of file it is,what it's used for,has been used for etc.If you don't recognize it's type choose "jump to folder"-sometimes you will say"oh yea-I remember that"if it's junk, you can selectively delete from the folder-one thing that I sometimes take note of is the modified date of the file in the properties window-this is sometimes a good indicator of the files relevance to your OS-if those steps aren't enough to decide what you're looking at,Google it! Another example(for dummies:razz:)is to select the "Image Files"-now take a look near the top-@ 5-10 line items down,see anything familiar?(blue lace,coffee bean,Santa Fe) right! those are your built in Windows screen saver options-So, now you can see that it will take a long time to go through all of these entries and options-even limited to the ones you're not familiar with can be hours or days of work(not worth it you're no doubt saying) but you would be wrong-there is no better way to learn first hand about your OS! This is a small part of the process,but you have to start some where! My very own "right click" affliction has seen me to five complete OS re installs-but I've learned something from every one of them-including it won't be my last! So, live a little-Right Click-and soon you won't have to be fluent in "computer dummy"!! Hope this helped-great day and God bless :lol::lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

broke is broke

Hi garybear-Like my father said "can't even rub two nickels together." That's why I discourage people from playing with stuff that can hurt them in the wallet!Most of it's just software and can be mended with the right helper and some patience.Good to hear from you-hope your holiday was a good one.Did you ever fix that log-in thing?

New Here..

I have tried and subscribed to this application and am just getting to learn the features. One thing that bothers me is that if/when my ''wonderful'' Windows Vista:evil: needs to do a restore due to other issues, all of the changes I made in ASC are undone and I have to go in and start all over again. How do I prevent this from happening? Even if I do know what I want to get rid of in DiskManager, it takes a long time to do this over again. I have done full-system backups on CD/DVD, but that did not help much either.

Also, on the Uninstall applet - after uninstalling stupid stuff that I have better purchased applications for (i.e. Nero7 Premium vs. Movie Maker and the windows CD burning app) and creating a Restore Point, or a Backup with ASC, these unwanted apps still crop up after a recovery. Any hints on what I can do? It seems that even if I do a Registry backup after 'tuning' my laptop to my specifications, it goes back to the old stubborn crap that I took so long to change. Am I the only one with this problem??

Hi Chery,

Please follow the descriptions below to get rid of the old Restore Points, being sure that your laptop is in a condition you would like to have.

1) Make sure that your laptop is in a condition you would like to have.

All unwanted applications are uninstalled, etc.

ASC 3 installed and all adjustments and details as for your coice.

2) Restart Windows, and make sure that there is nothig wrong with your Operation System.

3) Right click "Computer" icon=>click "Properties"=>System window=>click "System Protection" on left pane=>"System Properties" window=>"System Potection" tab=>uncheck "Local Disk" checkbox=> "Sytem Protection" small window pops up=>click "Turn System Restore Off" button=>click "Apply" button.

Do not close the windows.

4) Make all the necessary backups and Registry backups now.

5) Go to open windows in step 3):

Check "Local Disk" checkbox=>click "Apply" button=>click "Create..." button=>"System Protection" small window=> type "Chery"=>click "Create" button=>"Restore Point Created" System Protection small window opens=>click "OK" button=>click "OK" button.

You have a Restore point named "Chery".

You can any time turn to the point of when "Chery is created, and all the rest of the Restore points created before, are gone.

With this procedure you have deleted all the stupid applications you have deleted before and unwanted applications will not come back when you make a Recovery.

I hope this solves your problem.

Cheers.

Archived