IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter Beta 3.0 unresponsive sometimes...

Hi,

I'm a newbie here:wink: Today I have moved to Malware Fighter from Security 360. After installing MF, it has recommended me to run a scan. I started scan and closed UI coz it's running background on tray as it were in Security 360. Together scan I started surfing web and after some time later I clicked on tray icon to see how is the progress. But though I clicked it, GUI doesn't appear and Task manager didn't responded too. But PC still working, even browsing. SO I had to restart PC.

Just wanna report the problem.

I loved Security 360 and now Malware Fighter. It's still in beta phase and hope it will more stable soon. Waiting for a update;-)

Cheers...

• 2 weeks later...

I've had some issues with the Malware program too.

It seems at times to become "stuck" & it will stop anything else working, ctrl+alt+del will not bring up taskmanager, other programs fail to start, internet browsers freeze up, basically it forces me to reset.

Right now I am exiting the program & changing it to not open at start up because it is messing up my computer, IS360 should have been kept until this unreliable software was in release state & the beta was optional, right now I feel I got ripped off paying for IS360 only to be left with this junk.

• 2 weeks later...

unresponsive

I've had some issues with the Malware program too.

It seems at times to become "stuck" & it will stop anything else working, ctrl+alt+del will not bring up taskmanager, other programs fail to start, internet browsers freeze up, basically it forces me to reset.

Right now I am exiting the program & changing it to not open at start up because it is messing up my computer, IS360 should have been kept until this unreliable software was in release state & the beta was optional, right now I feel I got ripped off paying for IS360 only to be left with this junk.

I am also have the same problems MF 3 final version. It freezes up everytime I try to use it. It also stops everything else from working and I have to reset my computer everytime. This is not the beta version. When are they going to fix this.

ladyjane

:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

IMF Final

I as well am having problems with the final version. As with other users, it basically takes total control of my system, won't let me do anything, ctrl-alt-del does nothing. I ended up having to hit my reset button and remove it. Went back to IS360.

My system is Windows XP, all service packs and updates installed. Running at all times is Avast, AWC4 and SmartDefrag 2.

So, maybe someone can address this issue for us?

Hi all,

When we have asked the Computer Details during registration, our aim was to find out if there is a common denominator for certain glitches and also give quick responses to the users analysing the Computer Details.

It seems that freezing problem for IMF is common for a certain OS - hardware - software combination.

So please give as much details, including RAM and pagefile availability, as possible for your PCs/laptops together with the settings used for IMF such as Scanning priority and others.

Also it will be better for all to use the most recent version of IMF available in IMF IObit Malware Fighter 1.0 Final available! thread.

Thank you and cheers.

Archived