IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ran ASC4 and now i cant load windows!

snufsi

Just what the title says. I downloaded and installed ASC4 (free version), and ran the deep scan. Ran the full scan and ticked everything; defrag, registry scan, checking for spyware and fixing registry problems. A box popped up and said something about updating microsoft c++++++, then when the scan was complete AVG said it needed to restart the computer. Just that it never managed to load back up! Now its stuck on loading personal settings. I've tried to reboot in safe mode, but the windows advanced options menu wont appear (F8 dont seem to be working). Any ideas on how i can fix this?

Greatly appreciated

Snufsi

Ok a small update; i started it normally again, determined to let it run untill something happened. After nearly 30 minutes of waiting it showed my wallpaper, then spontanously turned itself off :o Now its back to stuck on the log in part...

Totally dont understand this!

Your problem has Nothing to do with ASC,

If you can not get into the CMOS setup (F8) then there is probably serious Hardware problems,

(motherboard, powersupply, etc.)

but if you can get past that, in the bootup sequence, and it's just Windows that won't startup,

I would try to boot-up from CD/DVD drive, using Windows bootable disk and then run chkdsk /f , which is a low-level Repair utility.

And then maybe run a registry repair program, if chkdsk /f does not fix it completely.

Archived