IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Gui Freezing

ellison

Hi....

When i open smart defrag ,and move my mouse cursor over the smart defrag gui ,the mouse cursor freezes ,intermittently.Also when i rightclick the smart defrag icon in system tray ,there is a delayed freeze which sometimes takes 30 secs to open.I have smart defrag set to recommended settings with transparency slider all the way to the left.The gui freeze occurs under both black and white skins.I like smart defrag very much but the freezing when hovering the mouse cursor over the gui is really getting annoying.

Thanks in advance

ellison

Are you using a later version?

What is the version number of the SD you have installed?

(1.5, 2.0, 2.0.1, etc.)

At what time in the test sequence, is it stopping?

(during analyze, defrag, optimize, etc. or is only when the program is Not running)

Or is it only related to cursor position and not what the program is doing?

There must be some other software running that is slowing it, such as Security software.

Maybe you can watch the Process-Explorer utility to monitor what is happening.

If you don't have Process-explorer, with your version of windows, you can download it here:

http://download.cnet.com/Process-Explorer/3000-2094_4-10223605.html

Hi..

I am using the latest version 2.0.1.Smart defrag doesnt freeze ,its my mouse cursor that freezes intermittently when its hovered over the smart defrag gui.If the mouse is off the SD gui i can move it anywhere.When i move the mouse cursor over the opened SD gui ,the mouse cursor freezes for a few seconds ,then i can move it ,then it freezes again.I already have process explorer and dont see unusual cpu spikes ,or activity.Also when i right click the tray icon ,the tray icon menu doesnt appear for ages ,then when it does and i click "open smart defrag" the advert appears but not the main SD gui ,unless i click the advert.Then the gui opens.Is it possible to run SD without the skins?I would like to test that as i belive the skins are the problem.Ive just noticed that its not just my mouse cursor that freezes,its my whole desktop,my other tray icons such as cpu monitors ,etc stop when the mouse cursor freezes when hovered over SD gui.It only happens over the SD gui.

ellison

The Only thing I can think of is some kind of Conflect with other software, such as one that Monitors system activity, like a security program or a system-monitor program, that is running at same time.

Check for any other auto loaded programs, probably at bootup?

I thought of another posibility.

Are you using a Optical type Mouse (with reciever module in USB port), not one with cable connected to computer?

If so, you might want to try a cable type mouse, if you have one?

Seems like I remember someone else reporting a problem when using Optically connected mouse, about 6 months ago, but not sure which forum that was?

I don't remember what the solution was either?

I don't think so. That would be a Major modification to the program.

Ahh i see.Many programs can run without a skin just using windows standard gui.I thought maybe that was possible with smart defrag too ,seeing as skins can be made for it.

ellison

I use a hp optical mouse that is connected via usb lead to my laptop

If the 'USB Lead' Is a cable and Not a plug-in module?

Then that is probably Not your problem, since that problem was only related to remote Transmitter type devices.

It was something to do with the extra time delay with remote type input devices.

Ahh i see.Many programs can run without a skin just using windows standard gui.I thought maybe that was possible with smart defrag too ,seeing as skins can be made for it.

ellison

That's possible, I'm not sure about that, Sorry.

Archived