IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Start/Run settings deleted.

Ted

Hi, All,

ASC 4 . Great programme with a real Pro. interface. An all-in-one maintenace tool in my view!

I have a few setup questions: The list of commands in my Start/Run settings (cache) disappear after running ASC 4 and so do my Browser User Names and Passwords. I've unticked all cookies and anything I feel is relevant, but have obviously missed something. Any suggestions welcomed.

Privacy Sweep

Hi Ted :smile:

I have a few setup questions: The list of commands in my Start/Run settings (cache) disappear after running ASC 4...

Did you go to:

• Settings

• Privacy Sweep

Windows then un-tick Run History

..... and so do my Browser User Names and Passwords. I've unticked all cookies and anything I feel is relevant, but have obviously missed something. Any suggestions welcomed.

Still in Privacy Sweep:

IE: Un-tick Auto Fill Password

I am not sure if Auto Fill Form relates to your user name that is associated with your password or not, leave it how it is first time and see what happens

FireFox: Un-tick Save Passwords

I am not sure if Saved Form Information relates to your user name that is associated with your password or not, leave it how it is first time and see what happens

All the best, woz of oz

....but the other boxes in IE and FF are already unticked.

You could try a reset of the settings:

Tick those boxes > click Apply > click OK > Exit ASC

Launch ASC > Un-tick those boxes > Click Apply > Click OK > Exit ASC

What browser are you using?

Are you using any other 'cleanup' software during your weekly clean?

My passwords don't get deleted so I will list what my settings are so you can see if there is a difference.

Privacy Sweep

IE:

URL & History are the only ones ticked.

FireFox:

Internet History & History & Download History & Session are the only ones ticked

Everything in the categories under that is ticked.

Junk Files Clean

Starting from the top left, up to and including Windows Error Reporting are the only ones ticked.

All the best, woz of oz

Hi, woz,

I'm using IE8 now. Was using FireFox, but it's always so slow to launch and now most of my Addons are not compatible with the new version 5. I'm also using CCleaner 3.06.1433 and Eusing Free Registry Cleaner. No problems with those two. My settings are the same as yours except I have unticked "Cookies" in IE and FF and ticked "Old Prefetch Data" in Junk Files. CCleaner deals with my Cookies. Thanks for your help.

Hi Ted,

Are you checking if you have flash cookies from time to time?

You can see them in CCleaner if you go to Options=>Cookies=>click on the cookie to see at the bottom if it is a flash cookie.

The location is at:

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

and

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

If you want to get rid of them too, you can use Flash Cookie Cleaner.

Cheers.

FlashPlayer Settings Manager

I just updated Adobe FlashPlayer and it now has a Settings Manager in the Control Panel with many options :smile:

I checked my flash cookies with Flash Cookies Cleaner and it said 65, then I used the clean option in the new FlashPlayer Settings Manager, back to Flash Cookie Cleaner and it said only 1 left settings.sol That one is always there.

See the thread Adobe FlashPlayer with Settings Manager

All the best, woz of oz

I only have one Flash Cookie and that's for Skype, so I'll leave it alone. Flash Cookie Cleaner looks good and it's standalone too. I'm giving Google Chrome a try, it's certainly fast.

Archived