IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 4 Disk Defragment.

Ted

Hi, All,

I do a Deep Care every Sunday with ASC 4 as part of my PC Maintenance routine and was wondering if the Disk Defragment option was necessary for me as I have Smart Defrag 2 set to Automatic Defrag?

i would keep to one defrag progame as they all optimse differently therefore undoing the work of each other.

Hi, sunny, I was thinking along those lines myself. Thanks for that.

It also depends on how you use your computer.

Most people with a desktop would leave it to idle at sometime and so Smart Defrag Auto Defrag would get a chance to do it's job.

But, I have a Netbook and they have a reputation for getting hot, so I turn my computer On, use it continuously, then turn it Off (or put it in Sleep mode)

In this case there would be no real idle time and Smart Defrag Auto (or any other auto whatever) would not have an opportunity to work.

Also, by default Smart Defrag Auto is turned Off while running on batteries (recommended) although mine is almost always plugged into power.

My approach is to use the ASC Defrag weekly but not Optimize then do a full Optimize when it gets to around 15% > 20% defragged which is usually about once a month.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived