IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC4.0 AutoCare Not Working

davek

I had no problems with ASC3, but after installing ASC4.0, I notice that the program is not doing anything on AutoCare (and possibly Auto Update). I checked to ensure both these programs were listed with my XP firewall as being okay exceptions, still did not work. Everything seems to work okay when I manually start a scan, but nothing happens in between until I initiate another scan. I have changed the hour to start the scan many times, still does not work. Also tried uninstalling and then reinstalling ASC4, again still does not AutoCare. Any suggestions?

Hello Customer,

Please provide us with following information:

1) Tell us information about your OS.

2) Please select the item of "Care for your computer at a schedule time" under Automatic Care window at first, and do the relevant settings (the time to perform a scan), click "Apply" and "OK". Then, please open Task Manger to check whether the process of AutoCare has been operated in background or not when the schedule scan starts.

I am using XP Home, SP3, and am using ASC 4.0 Pro. At the hour indicated in the AutoCare and AutoUpdate settings, I opened Task Manager and there is no activity going on at all concerning Advanced System Care 4. Only when I initiate an update check manually does AutoUpdate .exe appear on Task Manager. AutoCare.exe never shows on Task Manager at all.

By the way, when I click on AutoCare.exe in the ASC4 folder in Program Files, nothing happens. Don't know if this is normal or not, so I am mentioning it.

I am sorry that I deleted all the files for ASC3, because it worked beautifully, including the daily automatic scan. Why does this feature not work at all in ASC4 on the same computer? This is disappointing. I also am not sure that it is updating the database daily, if this is supposed to happen. Any suggestions? As mentioned, I already uninstalled and reinstalled the ASC4 program with no change. The autocare and autoupdate features do not seem to activate automatically at all.

Autocare.exe

i have got the AutoCare.exe error up, only thing i can think of that has made this happen is the scans that i did last night, i run alot of them to make sure my system is clean..... Superantispyware, malwarebytes, Eset online scanner, an highjackthis i ran last night on my other PC an it is saying i have the error now

AutoCare now working

I briefly went back to ASC 3, but then decided to update it to ASC 4 when prompted to do so. For whatever reason, it would appear that AutoCare is now working, but only, I believe, when it is set to work when the system is idle, not at a scheduled time. In any case, I will leave it like that as at least it is working. Thanks.

Archived