IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

icon cache deleted?

it seems whenever i run advanced systemcare 4 my icon cache gets completely deleted. all my chrome bookmark icons as well as my start menu icons all need to be reloaded. is there a way to stop this?

also is there a recommended settings guide somewhere that i can follow?

is there a recommended version, such as 4 or 3.8? i see a lot of complains about v4

Hi Deadbeginning!

When you installed ASC 4 did you do the standard install? And if so, did you later go into the "junk files clean" section inside the settings menu and manually check the box "thumbnail cache" Some settings were intentionally left unchecked on the standard install as they might cause confusion/difficulties for some users. Make sure this option is unchecked. The settings menu is located under the list/tab "more" at the top right of the main URL.

This posting by enoskype may help as well: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=10472

Please let me know if this helps.

Live long and prosper,

-Mel

Hi DeadBeginning,

There are other threads explaining the same glitch, so you may find some solution or an answer to your question if you go throug the threads in this section.

IObit is going to release a new version very soon, so if you can't find a solution in the forum I suggest to wait it to be released.

Cheers.

hi DeadBeginning

Please read Usage of IObit Products

If you choose to "clean" your machine without selecting the settings you want to use you may experience that some items aren't working as previously. This is due to settings chosen by default. Some of these default settings may not be just like you would want, but your failure to select your own preferred settings can lead to the situation you describe.

Is your icon cache really deleted or is it just not displaying the icons anymore? Where is your icon cache situated?

In the Windows setup you can choose

sysdm.cpl Opens System Settings (in Run) * Windows key + Pause/Break works too! Then select the Advanced tab - then under performance "Settings" and your will have 4 options to choose from. try selecting any of them and see how the machine reacts. For most people the selection of "Let Windows choose the the best settings for your computer" will be the right one.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Please try to send us your StartUp items report.

just did a full "deep scan" and its deleted my icon cache again. all my startmenu progbram icons and chrome bookmark icons are blank.

If you choose to "clean" your machine without selecting the settings you want to use you may experience that some items aren't working as previously. This is due to settings chosen by default. Some of these default settings may not be just like you would want, but your failure to select your own preferred settings can lead to the situation you describe.

this is what im trying to change, but i cant find the setting, which is why i asked where it is.

Is your icon cache really deleted or is it just not displaying the icons anymore? Where is your icon cache situated?

the icons disappear until i start the program or go to the bookmark.

In the Windows setup you can choose

sysdm.cpl Opens System Settings (in Run) * Windows key + Pause/Break works too! Then select the Advanced tab - then under performance "Settings" and your will have 4 options to choose from. try selecting any of them and see how the machine reacts. For most people the selection of "Let Windows choose the the best settings for your computer" will be the right one.

this is already set, but is unrelated to my problem, as it is a problem with asc, not my windows settings. The icons all show fine, until i run a deep clean on asc, then they disappear until i visit the bookmark(to download the iron), or look at the program in my start menu to load its icons again. The only time icons disappear is when i run asc deepclean, no other time.

Archived