IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Constant Smart Defrag 2 Update Available Message [FIXED]

chilled

Ever since I updated to Smart Defrag 2 from the last version of Smart Defrag, I still continually get a message every time I boot the computer that says an update to/for Smart Defrag 2 is available. Of course Smart Defrag never really auto-updates itself; it always makes you download the entire new version and uninstall the old version, which is what I did. Yet it seems like there is still the auto-update notice function still working from the old version or something even though I can't see it installed anywhere.

It's not that big of deal, I just have to hit "NO" every time I log onto my computer, but it is just getting irritating. Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this message from appearing? I mean I still want to know when an update for my current version is available, but I'm updated to the most current right now and the message is still appearing at every boot-up.

OK, thanks Toppack! :-D

I finally got it to go away. I used the Bitremover program as recommended in one of those posts you linked, but the main cause of the problem I think was that even though I had uninstalled the previous Smart Defrag 1.x it still had a folder there called " IObit Smart Defrag" with even the application still shown in it, among about 4 other files. I hadn't seen this folder before, because Smart Defrag 2 was in a folder that was simply called "Smart Defrag 2", and didn't have the "IObit" in the front; and I had overlooked it.

So after uninstalling, then manually deleting both folders "IObit Smart Defrag" and "Smart Defrag 2," then running BitRemover, then reinstalling Smart Defrag 2.0.1, the annoying message at boot-up has now gone away.

Archived