IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I just purchased Advanced Care

It depends a great deal on how Fast your computer is?

Processor speed, amount of RAM and Internet connection speed will be major factors.

The utilities in ASC can only do so much to help, but they do Help on many levels.

Do you know how many cores your processor has and what it's clock-speed is?

How much usable RAM does it have?

What is your average Internet download speed from your provider?

That will give us more Info about how your system should perform when on websites such as 'Youtube'.

Tell me where to look to answer those questions. Also, what about my C rating even after doing a deep scan? What's up with that? Shouldn't it be an A immediately after a deep scan and repair?

Let me know how to answer those questions you asked of me.

Do you know how many cores your processor has and what it's clock-speed is?

How much usable RAM does it have?

What is your average Internet download speed from your provider?

That will give us more Info about how your system should perform when on websites such as 'Youtube'.

Tell me where to look to answer those questions. Also, what about my C rating even after doing a deep scan? What's up with that? Shouldn't it be an A immediately after a deep scan and repair?

The OS is the primary system software, such as 98, XP, Vista or W-7.

The processor and RAM are major hardware components of your computer.

If you don't know what is in your computer you may be able to find that info by searching on Internet for your Make and Model of computer.

The Internet speed is determined by what type connection you have, dial-up, DSL, Cable, etc.

If you are talking about the 'Deep Scan' option in the Registry-fix utility, then No, Deep-Scan looks for problems in the Registry, which is an important data file used by the OS.

PM monitors the amount of system-resources being used by programs, that are loaded at that time.

So, they are Not the same thing.

If you mean 'Deep-Care' instead of Deep-Scan, then deep-Care is a group of utility programs, that do different things.

But they do not effect what the little PM utility program monitors much.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit

Processor: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.70GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8

Processor Count: 1

RAM: 2039 Mb

Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family, 96 Mb

Hard Drives: C: Total - 76308 MB, Free - 58438 MB;

Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WF351, , .BX91991.CN129615CR2708.

Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Yes, after running DEEP CARE, I still get a C rating. I still have the you tube issues.

Thanks for your help.

Oh I forgot, I have a DSL connection by ATT. I live in Miami, Florida.

http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee376/Joseph_Madera/Speed.jpg

Welcome

1) After running the DEEP SCAN, it still rates it as a C

Advanced SystemCare - System Optimization

Did you select your settings for System Optimization?

• Launch Advanced SystemCare

• Click on More (top right corner)

• Click on Settings

• Click on System Optimization

• Click on the dropdown list to the right of Computer Optimization

• Select an option, I suggest either Daily Use (Home User) or Top Performance (Home User)

• Click on the dropdown list to the right of Network Optimization

• Select the network connection you use (DSL for you)

• Click Apply

• Click OK

• Click on Deep Care

• Make sure System Optimization is Ticked

• Click Scan Now

Aftr scanning and 'repairing' Deep Speedup should say On

Deep Speedup is under the heading Status on the main window of Advanced SystemCare

2) I still have the CPU near 100% when watching youtube videos in full screen.

You wrote "I still have the CPU near 100%" I guess that means you had this problem before?

What browser are you using when you watch the YouTube videos?

Check that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash HERE

What is using the CPU ?

• Launch Task Manager (press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Del keys at the same time)

• Click Task Manager Options and select Always On Top if necessary (a tick will appear beside it)

• Click on the Processes tab

• You can drag the Task Manager window to a convemient spot

• Start a YouTube video

• Watch the Task Manager Processes to see what gets a large increase in CPU

All the best, woz of oz

• You can drag the Task Manager window to a convemient spot

• Start a YouTube video

• Watch the Task Manager Processes to see what gets a large increase in CPU

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks for answering. I have that stuff already as you said and have run the DEEP CARE and still my status is either a C or a D.

I have placed TASK MANAGER before and what takes up most of it is plug-in container. I have firefox as browser.

I can't say I haven't noticed a marked improvement. I HAVE but these issues still remain. Why is my rating still a C or a D when I run DEEP CARE as prescribed? Why is CPU near 100% when running you tube videos in full screen? Could it be my computer is old? Is it that the hardware components are degrading since I live in Miami with humid conditions and hot weather? I AM getting really frustrated with my inability to solve this problem.

plugin-container.exe

I have placed TASK MANAGER before and what takes up most of it is plug-in container. I have firefox as browser....

...Why is CPU near 100% when running you tube videos in full screen?....

plugin-container.exe is a part of FireFox and handles your extensions including Adobe Flash.

It will keep growing in Mem Usage especially when watching YouTube videos. This in turn can result in high CPU.

The only way I know of to 'flush' the plugin-container.exe is to exit FireFox and then launch it again.

A search of the FireFox forums will find others with this same problem

Are you using the latest version of FireFox? If you are, make sure all your FireFox extensions are compatible.

You might want to try the FireFox extension FlashBlock

FlashBlock blocks all Flash on every webpage so after it is installed you will see a FlashBlock logo where some sort of Flash was on the page before, including dancing bunny ads etc. Blocking these ads will stop plugin-container.exe from getting so big quickly.

When you go to YouTube, click on the FlashBlock icon that should be on your FireFox Navigation Toolbar and select Allow Flash from this site

You will need to Reload (Refresh) the page just that once.

You can also allow Flash at any other sites where it is necessary.

I love FlashBlock :smile:

...I have that stuff already as you said and have run the DEEP CARE and still my status is either a C or a D.....

.....I can't say I haven't noticed a marked improvement. I HAVE but these issues still remain. Why is my rating still a C or a D when I run DEEP CARE as prescribed? Why is CPU near 100% when running you tube videos in full screen? Could it be my computer is old? Is it that the hardware components are degrading since I live in Miami with humid conditions and hot weather? I AM getting really frustrated with my inability to solve this problem.

I don't have the absolute answer to these questions about the PMonitor rating but I will keep searching.

Heat and humidity can certainly affect the performance of a computer, a hot processor is not a happy processor :-(

Plus, if your computer is old and therefore has an old processor then it might be working hard to keep up with all these 'new fangled' Flash sites and especially YouTube.

I have a Netbook which doesn't have a powerful processor and I have to exit and relaunch FireFox from time to time, if I don't my Netbook performs like mud.

Oh, and where are my manners.

Welcome to the forum josecitomadera :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Are you using the latest version of FireFox? If you are, make sure all your FireFox extensions are compatible.

You might want to try the FireFox extension FlashBlock

When you go to YouTube, click on the FlashBlock icon that should be on your FireFox Navigation Toolbar and select Allow Flash from this site

You will need to Reload (Refresh) the page just that once.

You can also allow Flash at any other sites where it is necessary.

I love FlashBlock :smile:

Oh, and where are my manners.

Welcome to the forum josecitomadera :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

By exiting FIREFOX and relaunching it, you mean closing the webpages and reopening them? Or is there another way to make sure one has exited FF correctly?

Where is the FF navigation toolbar?

I'll wait for these answers so that once I install FLASHBLOCK, I won't be blocked out of you tube forever, LOL.

Thanks for your help.

Can you send me the link for the latest version of FF?

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit

Processor: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.70GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8

Processor Count: 1

RAM: 2039 Mb

Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family, 96 Mb

Hard Drives: C: Total - 76308 MB, Free - 58438 MB;

Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WF351, , .BX91991.CN129615CR2708.

Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan Enterprise, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

From this information what can you tell about my computer?

By exiting FIREFOX and relaunching it, you mean closing the webpages and reopening them? Or is there another way to make sure one has exited FF correctly?

I mean the usual way to close software by clicking the X in the top right corner of the screen. Wait 10 seconds (check you are sitting correctly) launch FireFox again

Where is the FF navigation toolbar?

It is the bar with the URL address and Back/Forward buttons, the FlasBlock icon should appear on that bar after you install FlashBlock

Can you send me the link for the latest version of FF?

Using FireFox, go to:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/fx/

After updating FireFox have a look at this option:

• FireFox

• Tools (in Menu Bar)

• Options

• Advanced

• Update

• Under the heading Automatically check for updates to: tick FireFox and Add-Ons

• Click OK

From this information what can you tell about my computer?

I am not good at understanding specs, I'm more a hands on type.

Wikipedia does say the Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.70GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 processor was introduced in May 2004 and that is old in computer time.

Try not to have too many FireFox tabs open at once and exit FireFox from time to time. Watching YouTube without fullscreen should help but of course is less enjoyable.

All the best, woz of oz

It is the bar with the URL address and Back/Forward buttons, the FlasBlock icon should appear on that bar after you install FlashBlock

It doesn't show up there. It shows up as a small "f" icon in the center of a video which if one presses it then it allows FLASH. It is somewhat tedious because, for example, on you tube one has to press that "f" icon on every video one watches.

Add-on Bar

It doesn't show up there. It shows up as a small "f" icon which if one presses it then it allows FLASH. It is somewhat tedious because, for example, on you tube one has to press that "f" icon on every video one watches

That is a feature that enables you to see what has been blocked without allowing the whole site.

I have had FlashBlock installed for a long time and my guess is that they changed it's position with FireFox 4 which now has the Add-on Bar.

If you have FireFox version 4:

Press the Ctrl key and the / key at the same time, this will toggle the Add-on Bar at the bottom of the screen. There will probably be a red fx FlashBlock icon. See image.

If there isn't: Right click on an empty space on the Add-on Bar and select Customize, a window will appear.

There should be a fx FlashBlock icon. Drag (left click and hold) the FlashBlock icon to the Navigation Toolbar or the Add-on Bar, whichever you like.

Go to YouTube and click on the fx FlashBlock icon and select Allow Flash from this site. See image

You will not see the "f" icon (that you mentioned) on YouTube again, it will appear as normal.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7744&stc=1&d=1307585899

All the best, woz of oz

Didn't find any problems

Glad FlashBlock is working :smile:

I don't have any experience with McAfee so I did a Google search of mcafee and firefox problem for the last month and didn't see any major problems in the results.

FYI: Mcafee forum wanted me join to read the forum but I didn't want to do that so a Google then click on the link gets me in without joining :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Outdated display driver and no hardware acceleration can break or lag flash players too. I actually see this a lot on machines with fresh OS installs where it's dated drivers and old flash players and/or with hardware acceleration unticked in flash global settings.

Another browser

As captainron suggested:

Go to the computer homesite (Dell?) and check that your drivers are up to date.

Right click on a YouTube video and select Settings If necessary, tick Enable hardware acceleration

You said CPU usage is high because of FireFox plugin-container.exe, what happens when you watch the videos with Internet Explorer?

If Internet Explorer is no better you could try Google Chrome browser I don't use it but it has a lot of fans and they say it is very good

All the best, woz of oz

Advanced System Care said I needed to update some drivers and I was sent to a page on the internet. When I got there, I was confused and didn't know what to do. I'll put up a picture here.

Do you know a way that I can put that picture here that is quicker than using the PAINT program? That's the way I put pictures here but it is a laborious process.

Thanks-

Screen Shots

My favorite screen capture software is FastStone Capture, it is easy to use and Portable.

Get the last free version (later versions are shareware) @

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=775

If you are unsure how to post a screenshot here in the forum, go to Usage of IObit Products - Screenshots and Attachments in the Forum

All the best, woz of oz

Archived