IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Asc-4

dnjjohns

I downloaded ASC-4 to my laptop and I can click on the shortcut from the desk top, run it anytime and it works perfectly.

I also downloaded ASC-4 to my desktop and the shortcuts don't work. I get the pop-up that Windows needs my permission to proceed, but when I click OK nothing happens.

The only time ASC-4 scanned my computer properly was right after I finished downloading and installing and it went into that mode automatically. Since then I've had to uninstall and reinstall if I want to scan my computer. :-?

I'm very impressed with your program and will probably update to your Pro version. But I'd like to get this quirky little problem resolved first.

Thank you.....

Sounds like another software, backup or security based, is corrupting icons and/or program paths.

The icon should have a target in right-click properties like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4\ASC.exe"

It could also be some issue with ASC. It's hard to tell with no extra info. Make sure you click yes on the UAC prompts in vista/7.

Here's discription of UAC, for those not familiar with it:

User Account Control (UAC) is a technology and security infrastructure introduced with Microsoft's Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 operating systems, with a more relaxed version also present in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 . It aims to improve the security of Microsoft Windows by limiting application software to standard user privileges until an administrator authorizes an increase or elevation. In this way, only applications trusted by the user may receive administrative privileges, and malware should be kept from compromising the operating system. In other words, a user account may have administrator privileges assigned to it, but applications that the user runs do not inherit those privileges unless they are approved beforehand or the user explicitly authorizes it.

The pop-up that Windows needs your permission to proceed is UAC.

Try disabling UAC and see if it solves the problem, then we can look after others.

Control Panel=>User Accounts=>Your Account=>click Change User Account Control Settings=>slider to Never notify=>click OK button=>Restart Windows

Notice captainron's suggestion of :

The icon should have a target in right-click properties like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4\ASC.exe"

Cheers.

Archived