IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC Pro screwup

Downloaded, installed, ran, scanned, fixed, computer was fine. I liked the program. Today (a couple weeks after that first scan) I tried to run AWC Pro for the second time but it wouldn't load. I tried to run it 7 times. I know it was 7 times because I saw 7 error logs in the IObit folder, which all said: "Error Message=Archive file(C:\WINDOWS\msvrc20.dll) missed, please reinstall the program."

OK - so I uninstalled, reinstalled and AWC Pro works fine again. Except I can't fix all the crap after a scan, because I don't have the full Pro version any more. Originally, I did one of those TrialPay things for the heck of it and got the full version.

1.) Does the msvrc20.dll just sometimes wander off the AWC reservation, or was it most likely me inadvertently getting rid of it via AWC or some other program? If I had to guess, I'd say it was my fault but I really have no idea.

2.) How do I get my full Pro version back? I'm not going to do one of those TrialPay options again.

Thanks.

Hi Travis!

I do not quite understand. If it is the pro version you are running - you should have a license code, use it and copy it to the window for renewing your license (the status window - user account).

Most probably it is an antivirus program or an antispyware program that have removed the file in question, and then you have to make the antivirus/antispyware program ignore this particular file.

Try keeping a copy of the msvrc20.dll in a folder on an other drive, in case

it disappeares again, - then you can put a copy back in C:\Windows folder

to make the program work again.

Cheers

solbjerg

Downloaded, installed, ran, scanned, fixed, computer was fine. I liked the program. Today (a couple weeks after that first scan) I tried to run AWC Pro for the second time but it wouldn't load. I tried to run it 7 times. I know it was 7 times because I saw 7 error logs in the IObit folder, which all said: "Error Message=Archive file(C:\WINDOWS\msvrc20.dll) missed, please reinstall the program."

OK - so I uninstalled, reinstalled and AWC Pro works fine again. Except I can't fix all the crap after a scan, because I don't have the full Pro version any more. Originally, I did one of those TrialPay things for the heck of it and got the full version.

1.) Does the msvrc20.dll just sometimes wander off the AWC reservation, or was it most likely me inadvertently getting rid of it via AWC or some other program? If I had to guess, I'd say it was my fault but I really have no idea.

2.) How do I get my full Pro version back? I'm not going to do one of those TrialPay options again.

Thanks.

Hi Colonel Travis,

Have a look at this post. For sure, AWC is not the one in your case too.

Please follow solbjerg's advice.

Cheers.

Ah, yes - I've been trying several AV programs lately. That's probably what happened to msvrc20.dll. Thanks.

As for AWC2 Pro - yes, I should have a license code. After the reinstall, I have no idea where it is. I signed up for it here:

http://www.trialpay.com/checkout/?c=53nlep

This is incredibly embarrassing, because I cannot recall specifically how the license code was originally entered. Was it automatically added to the program after I completed the TrialPay offer, or did I get the code and type it in myself, etc.? Who knows. I've searched all over my hard drive and emails, can't find it. Feel like a total moron.

Hi again,

You should have an e-mail from IObit with licence code and you should have entered your licence yourself.

Anyway, please send an e-mail to support@iobit.com giving your original e-mail address and the name.

or,

Go to http://www.iobit.com/faq.html# page and, click "Customer Service" tab.

Under I lost my license. Could you help me? section:

Just follow the below steps and you can get your license easily.

1) Go to customer service center.

2) Choose and click "How can I contact your customer service?"

3) Click "Submit question"

4) Choose "Product delivery"

5) Choose "Lost license key"

6) Click "My account"

7) Enter your account information on Element 5 and retrieve your license.

Cheers.

Hi Colonol Travis,

It is possible that Iobit answer could take some time. I believe that the major earthquake in China was very near Iobit headquarters. I pray everyone is safe there.

samr.

Archived