IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

MS Updates.

Ted

For the past few months I have had constant notifications of two MS NET Framework critical updates. These download okay, but won't install. A search on Google revealed scores of others with the same problem. I've followed the instructions for many of the fixes without success, but haven't gone so far as to uninstall all my versions of NET Framework, as sugested by many, and then download and reinstall the lot. For the moment I've just hidden the Update Prompt as I've read that any programme that needs NET Framework will ask for it. Are any of you having a similar problem and if so what are you doing about it?

Common problem

Hi Ted :smile:

....For the moment I've just hidden the Update Prompt....

Out of site, out of mind is probably the best solution for the moment :lol:

Check the various Microsoft help sites in the future to see if a 'sure fix' has been offered.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

For the past few months I have had constant notifications of two MS NET Framework critical updates. These download okay, but won't install. A search on Google revealed scores of others with the same problem. I've followed the instructions for many of the fixes without success, but haven't gone so far as to uninstall all my versions of NET Framework, as sugested by many, and then download and reinstall the lot.....

I have read a lot about this too, seems to be quite a common problem although I personally don't have this problem.

The advice to "uninstall all my versions of NET Framework, as suggested by many, and then download and reinstall the lot" is most probably the best solution.

Or, you could just uninstall the NET Frameworks and wait for something to complain about it.

As you wrote:

....I've read that any programme that needs NET Framework will ask for it......

That's true, if some software or a website needs it then it will tell you. You can then decide how important the software or website is to you and if you want to install NET Framework again.

All the best, woz of oz

Out of site, out of mind is probably the best solution for the moment :lol:

Hi, Woz,

Yes, I guess so. I don't know of any programme I have that really needs NET Framework, anyway.

Hi Ted,

I had that glitch in couple of PCs and the only solution was to uninstall all and reinstall in a sequence.

Yes, you can use the cleanup tool, I tried both using and not using, and both have worked. I have found it practical to use the cleanup tool at the end of all uninstalling.

It is a nuisance but a must to do as it is security related. I advise to do it without waiting for a notice.

BTW, I had all the versions installed before and after.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Archived