IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMF free, not worth it?

Ok, I am having a second thoughts if I should keep IMF free. Without the process guard or malicious action guard, I think it is just junk running in my pc cause what good does it do when I get malware in my system? NADA! Not worthy of the name malware fighter.

Can anyone please argue for why I should keep it?

Hi Horus80,

Nobody should use IMF, be it FREE or PRO, without a genuine A/V software.

Those sections should be actually protected by an A/V.

My advice would be, if you are using a well known A/V program, IMF Free wil be a good companion for the protection of malwares.

BTW, those 2 thing are not the only difference in Free and Pro editions of IMF.

Please have a look at http://www.iobit.com/imf-upgrade.html?ref=imf for comparison.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I am having a second thoughts if I should keep IMF free. Without the process guard or malicious action guard, I think it is just junk running in my pc cause what good does it do when I get malware in my system? NADA! Not worthy of the name malware fighter.

Can anyone please argue for why I should keep it?

Well its not a hogger of resonates,why should U keep it .well In my case its stopped a lot of junk and cleaned out a lot as well Now depending where one surfs and whats installed and so on,the other reason is simply why not.

look nothing is a guarantee that will stop every thing out there and as this is updated (data base) It may save you from a lot of problems one day, I simply run it and Just do not look at it ,but let me tell now and then it pops up asking to allow something.Oh yes and guess what it works also on a Linux based system,and yes cleaned of crap as well

"what good does it do when I get malware in my system?"

Well hope fully this should stop most that try

So have a think on this.My advice keep it going.

Please remember thy Iobit do not say its bullet proof in there clames but work hard to add to the data base any knows

THY State:

A

utility that detects, removes the deepest infections, and protects your PC from various "potential" spy-ware, ad ware, Trojans, key loggers, bots, worms, and hijackers.

Mr Bean

1. I have found the Pro-Version worth the money and to be better than the Free Version.

2. People get confused or don't understand the difference between an Anti-Virus program and an Anti-Malware program.

In a nutshell

AV programs protect your computer from malicious attacks

AM programs protect you from malicious attacks i.e. ID theft etc.

Some AV programs have some form of AM protection but I have found that generally AM programs do a lot better job at protecting a person from Malware attacks than does an AV program. Also AM programs usually also have some features that protect your computer but usually a good AV program will do a better job at protecting your computer just as a good AM program will generally do a better job of protecting you.

That is why it is best to have a good AV program along with a good AM program both running in real-time mode.

JMO

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought and downloaded IMF Pro tonight after testing the free version for a month or so.I'm glad I could help a company like IObit that offers so much free,and affordable good software :).

Hopefully the Pro version is worth the $20.I use Microsoft Security Essentials for Antivirus and Antispyware which is free for legit copies of windows 7 and so far they play nice together.So for $20 i have some major help with the also free Comodo firewall behind my router.

I recommend others to buy the Pro version of IMF also.

Archived