IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Computer going wild after 5.01 install

Anyone have a suggestion as to how to fix this problem?

1. Smart Defrag seems to run ok when signed in on the Computer Admin user

2. Open anyother user and the thing starts throwing dialog boxes up on the screen and sitting there going "thunk, thunk, etc." the last dialog box says:

"Access violation at address 004D1B8A in module 'IOBit Smart Defrag.exe.'. Read of address 00000044." I never had any problems with any previous versions.

I uninstalled and deleted all IOBit files and redownloaded, but it still does the same thing.

HELP!! SUGGESTIONS????:-(:-(:-(

Hello mohsker!

Did you also clean the registry? Otherwise you might try that too.

By the way the user manual will tell you that you have to run the program as administrator.

Cheers

solbjerg

Anyone have a suggestion as to how to fix this problem?

1. Smart Defrag seems to run ok when signed in on the Computer Admin user

2. Open anyother user and the thing starts throwing dialog boxes up on the screen and sitting there going "thunk, thunk, etc." the last dialog box says:

"Access violation at address 004D1B8A in module 'IOBit Smart Defrag.exe.'. Read of address 00000044." I never had any problems with any previous versions.

I uninstalled and deleted all IOBit files and redownloaded, but it still does the same thing.

HELP!! SUGGESTIONS????:-(:-(:-(

Yep !!! Same problem

However, I did just happen to do a registry cleanup as well. I installed the defrag proggie from my user desktop using the "Run As" (Shift+Rclk) option, but when I ran it, I too received a pile of access error warnings ! But then, upon running the program using the "Run As" option, it ran fine and I definitely noticed an improvement when the operation was complete.

I'm running Win2k with update 4.........

• 2 months later...

Having the same problem

Hello mohsker!

Did you also clean the registry? Otherwise you might try that too.

By the way the user manual will tell you that you have to run the program as administrator.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am having the same problem. Have tried everything and nothing has worked. Even unstalled the program and the icon is still in the taskbar..don't know what else to do...any suggestions...have fair computer skills. thanks

I am having the same problem. Have tried everything and nothing has worked. Even unstalled the program and the icon is still in the taskbar..don't know what else to do...any suggestions...have fair computer skills. thanks
can anyone help me...

Hi ship333,

I'll try to help you, but lets take it from the beginning.

Do you run SmartDefrag Beta5.01 as Administrator? You have to, for it to work.

After installing try to uninstall it with Revo Uninstaller, ( you can find a link somewhere in the forum, or google search it) cleaning all the registry left overs and all the folders of it. Exit SmartDefrag from the taskbar before uninstalling.

Make a clean install and describe if any abnormalities show.

Please tell one by one which options of ISD you are using, and which checkboxes are checked.

Give us some information of OS and security software.

Specificly describe your problem.

Then we may work for a solution.

Thank you.

:-D

Just recently found the REVO (FREE) Uninstaller and love it. I have used the function to check for left over entries and have been amazed at the number it finds even after the programs has supposedly been uninstalled. This is one nice utility to have on ones machine.

Thanks

Wildman

Right detailer! Precisely!

Pay close attention to the Details - very good advise!

Cheers

solbjerg

yeah nice tool-but be careful in the advanced mode-LOOK at that final list of items before you check them for removal-just might take little pieces of your registry along for the ride to the land of no return

Archived