IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Aero will not shut down

Also, why is the sticky for reporting Gamebooster 3 issues locked?

Hi masterblaster,

It is itobe's choice, but you can open a thread as you did in this section for any problem, and also same and similar problems can be combined in one thread making it easier for the users looking for the same/similar problem.

I cannot get Aero (Windows7) to shut down. I have this checked "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" and I added "dwm.exe" to the Gamebooster.ini file.

It shuts down fine on version 2.

I have checked the checkbox of "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" in the services of Game Booster 3 and Applied in my Windows7 and AERO has shut down.

In Windows 7, "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" is UxSms.

The ini file is Service.ini, and @ C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster 3

It is already in the service.ini file under [services_WIN7]. Please check after ticking the checkbox of "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" and applying if it is UxSms=1

Cheers.

masterblaster, dwm.exe is the process for Windows Aero graphical user interface and UxSms is the service Desktop Window Manager Session Manager, so nothing is wrong.

When you stop the UxSms service, dwm.exe process is also killed.

Cheers.

masterblaster, dwm.exe is the process for Windows Aero graphical user interface and UxSms is the service Desktop Window Manager Session Manager, so nothing is wrong.

When you stop the UxSms service, dwm.exe process is also killed.

Cheers.

Well, I have Desktop Window Manager Session Manager checked to stop and Aero is still running in Game Booster 3.

Did you check it in Service.ini @ C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster 3 and in the Windows Services if the service is running after Game Booster is ON?

When you stop the service, check in Task Manager if dwm.exe is running.

I have a doubt that you have clutters from older versions of GB. (not GB2.41)

Can we confirm that you have the below .ini files @ C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster 3 ?

Defrags.ini

GameBooster.ini

Process.ini

Service.ini

You also said that you have added dwm.exe to GameBooster.ini file, but GameBooster.ini file for GB3 has empty [process] section originally.

Try to add it in Process.ini under [Process1], ei. dwm.exe=1 , and see what happens.

Also, when you kill only dwm.exe process from Task Manager, AERO is lost fraction of a second but dwm.exe process is created immediately and AERO theme comes back.

Go to Services tab in Task Manager and stop UxSms sevice by right clicking on it, you will see that AERO theme is stopped.

Cheers.

I will check Precess.ini tonight. ADDED, IT WAS ALREADY IN THERE.

I assume dwm.exe is running in task manager as aero is running but I will check. WHEN I RUN GB3, IT SHOWS DESKTOP WINDOWS MANAGER STOPPED. BUT WHEN I OPEN TASK MANAGES, IT SHOWS IT RUNNING (AERO STILL RUNNING). WHEN I STOP THE UxSms SERVICE IN TASK MANAGER, AERO FINALLY UNLOADS.

I do have both GB2 and GB3 installed (they are in separate directories).

I will confirm INI's.

ADDED; IN THE SERVICES, UxSms WAS SET TO 0. I CHANGED TO UxSms=1.

AERO NOW AUTOMATICALLY SHUTS DOWN. ISN'T THERE A SETTING IN GB3 TO TURN THIS OFF? I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO MANUALLY ADD IT SHOULD I?

Archived