IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game booster makes my game worst huh?

Hi versatilex,

One of the reason comes to my mind is that, a necessaary process/service is closed/stopped.

You can check it yourself by closing/stopping them one by one.

So the configuration differences in GB3/PC may cause it on certain PCs.

Cheers.

Hi versatilex,

One of the reason comes to my mind is that, a necessaary process/service is closed/stopped.

You can check it yourself by closing/stopping them one by one.

So the configuration differences in GB3/PC may cause it on certain PCs.

Cheers.

This is highly tedious and even if you do check them all most people won't know what half or more of those processes/services are.

I personally had a problem with a service I stopped didn't know what it did but it was essential to my system running properly.

I really like using this program but then again I really don't see any gain in performance for myself.

I put a little thought into this, even though he won't reply. I normally don't use game box, but thought perhaps he is.

I'm running Win 7 64bit Ultra

ATI H.I.S Radeon 6790

Driver ATI 11.7

When I run my games with game box the pictures are degraded some what, slightly blurred, and tend to lag. Considering that it starts the same settings when you apply boost I'm thinking there must be an issue with the virtual aspect of the program. I have ran the same games with another application in virtual without any issues.

I figured out my problem LOL it was not game booster it was actually windows 7 that was giving my games a bad time. So i manage to find back my windows vista disk and did a clean install of it. So right now my games are running alot better with or without game booster. Also my performance score had a significant increase from 2.5 to 4.8 :D. So all good now :D

P.S windows 7 is shitty there I said it

Everyone but you thinks Windows 7 is better than Vista.

The worst OS Microsoft put out was Windows Me which was followed closely by Vista.

I installed Vista long ago and uninstalled it and went back to XP.

Windows 7 - 64 is the best OS Windows has offered IMO. Vista was second worst.

Well how come i had such bad luck with it?

Well, I don't know. Were you running the 32 bit or 64 bit version?

It's my understanding the core OS of 7 and Vista are similar but 7 has all of those intrusive obstacles removed. To me that was a big deal.

I got really tired of Vista confirming or denying everything.

I run 64 bit 7 with UAC off. Maybe try that.

My gaming performance was much better with 7 than Vista. Most others would confirm that.

Well, I don't know. Were you running the 32 bit or 64 bit version?

It's my understanding the core OS of 7 and Vista are similar but 7 has all of those intrusive obstacles removed. To me that was a big deal.

I got really tired of Vista confirming or denying everything.

I run 64 bit 7 with UAC off. Maybe try that.

My gaming performance was much better with 7 than Vista. Most others would confirm that.

Well i guess I am a special exception. Oh well now my computer is running like how it used to be and im quite happy with it :D

Well i guess I am a special exception. Oh well now my computer is running like how it used to be and im quite happy with it :D

There is also a chance that there is a bug in the drivers for Windows 7. Not all drivers that are compatible for windows vista is going to work well with windows 7 especially if your Windows Vista and Windows 7 are different like 32 bit vs 64 bit?

Performance in the OS without thinking about the games wise. Windows 7 is a better and more reliable OS than windows vista. thats for sure. I would trace back to the drivers that you were using.

There is also a chance that there is a bug in the drivers for Windows 7. Not all drivers that are compatible for windows vista is going to work well with windows 7 especially if your Windows Vista and Windows 7 are different like 32 bit vs 64 bit?

Performance in the OS without thinking about the games wise. Windows 7 is a better and more reliable OS than windows vista. thats for sure. I would trace back to the drivers that you were using.

Yea i was thinking about that. So im gonna format my computer and do a clean install of windows 7 carefully, to find out what the source of my problem was, i am sure it might have been a bad driver, oh well wish me luck guys :D

Before you do that.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turn off the Virtual Desktop module in BG3.

This is making everyone's computer to run slower.

Concerning drivers, try newer or older video drivers. If you are running the newest, go back one older. If that doesn't work, go back another older.

You probably don't need to mess with any other drivers.

So the only drivers I should check is my video drivers right?

Basically, yes. If drivers are causing a performance issue, Video is where you should look.

Download another video driver.

Uninstall video driver.

Reboot into safe mode.

Run Driver sweeper (for your video card only). http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/Version-3-1-0/

Reboot, cancel when Windows tried to install a video driver.

Install the driver you downloaded at the start.

Reboot

Play game.

Basically, yes. If drivers are causing a performance issue, Video is where you should look.

Download another video driver.

Uninstall video driver.

Reboot into safe mode.

Run Driver sweeper (for your video card only). http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/Version-3-1-0/

Reboot, cancel when Windows tried to install a video driver.

Install the driver you downloaded at the start.

Reboot

Play game.

So far so good :D

Because I'm guessing it had nothing to do with your performance.

Are you never going to install another service pack or do a windows update?

Maybe you want to run this it make sure everything is Windows 7 comparable?

http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor

You know that running Game Booster in a Virtual Desktop causes a real slowdown. Are you sure your slowdown was not related to that?

To test run GB3 in a virtual Desktop and see if it runs like crud. If it does, that's your problem.

I never have these problems because I use Rollback RX http://www.horizondatasys.com/169614.ihtml.

If you have this installed and you have a minor or VERY serious issue, you simply reboot the computer into a saved snapshot and your computer is exactly like it was when the snapshot was taken (unlike System Restore that just restores some registry settings and restores some files in your documents folder).

There are videos of computer with Rollback RX installed on it and the user installs virus after virus on it. It gets so bad it permanently goes to blue screen.

The computer is rebooted, a restore point is selected, the computer starts fine with no traces of the virus (because they were added after the restore point). This program has saved my *** so many times.

Wow, I really like the Virtual-OS bootup feature of 'Rollback'!

I think I'll give it a try, since I see that they now have a W-7 version,

although their PDF Data-sheet does Not show a W-7 version.

But I'm wondering how difficult it will be to UnInstall it, if I decide that I don't Need it ? :?:

And How much RAM memory does it require, if running in background as a OS, taking snapshots all the Time? :?:

I have been using RRX for years.

I have uninstalled it and installed it many times.

To things to keep in mind:

1) NEVER defrag when it is installed. Be careful you don't have a program doing defrag in idle time either.

2) If you uninstall, be VERY careful you select the correct snapshot. For example, it you have a lot of important work done recently and you choose a restore point before it was created, it's gone.

There is a RRX console that pops up just before windows starts (hit HOME key when you see it). You uninstall or select a differed snapshot from here.

You can test it free but must pay after a period of time. It you never plan to buy it, don't bother.

Archived