IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

updater.exe

"updater.exe" is a malicious program that freezes, sometimes restarts pc, will disable a wireless adapter, cause webpages to load very slowly, runs all the time (will not show excessive "CPU" use in task manager) or show any substantial "RAM" use, will not allow "msmsgs" to be shut down from taskbar (a box will appear reading that "it's in use by another program"). PC will incur extra "shutdown time" or, will not shutdown at all (you have to shut down PC by the powerbutton). I Googled the following: "Spigot inc." It can't be deleted unless the tool "iobit bit unlocker" unlocks an deletes it, otherwise it reads "Access Denied". Once I got it off my PC everything was back to normal and a lot faster operation and response overall. Norton ,Avira and IOBIT did not detect this. I think this will be very helpful to other pc users and should be added to their definitions list. This is not to be confused with the pc friendly "Googleupdater". Hope this helps, thanxs(clennis05@gmail.com)

Archived