IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Clean up Installation.

Ted

I would like to clean up my ASC4 Folder as some previous updates have been performed without uninstalling anything.

I have a folder named: IObit in C:\Program Files. That folders contains five folders namely: Advance SystemCare 3, Advance SystemCare 3 Beta, Advanced SystemCare 4, Iobit Malware Fighter, and Smart Defrag 2.

I have noted my Registration Key, so should I just delete the lot, use Eusing Registry Cleaner to clean it up and then reinstall ASC 4?

I also have another folder in Program Files named: IObitCom. Is this needed?

Hi Ted :smile:

IObit Malware Fighter and Smart Defrag 2 are completely separate software from Advanced SystemCare so there is no need to delete their folders or uninstall the software and install it again unless you are having problems with them.

Are you having any problems with Advanced SystemCare 4 ?

If not, then just deleting the folders Advance SystemCare 3 and Advance SystemCare 3 Beta then running an Advanced SystemCare 4 clean up scan (with Registry scan) should be enough.

If you are having some problems with Advanced SystemCare 4 or if you encounter problems after deleting the other folders then do a Clean Uninstall & Install of Advanced SystemCare 4

See This Post for details.

Screenshots are in This Post

All the best, woz of oz

Archived