IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare v5 Beta 1 will be released soon!

enoskype

the toolbox diver updater need's a lot of do's not find any updates were other softwear do's :shock:

It's based on a database like they all are, and almost all are outdated and don't cover obscure hardware ids(despite their marketing). It isn't just iobit stuff either. The most updated ones I've seen didn't cover obscure hardware. Another problem they all have is reporting old drivers to replace new ones because of how they detect them(cross referencing HWID+VID+Driver-strings).

my driver management

captainron

yet to find a good driver updater, best one was cnet one in late 90's but is long gone [anyone rememder it back in the days of windows 95/98].

what i do if create a folder in favorites call it "updates" then goto to your motherboard web page where drivers are shown save to a fav folder called the name of your motherboard and move the folder to the updates folder you have just created that will give all your motherboard drivers, do similer to sound,graphic,printer,scanner,modem drivers etc.

i always save a copy of each drvier in a folder called "mydrivers" on my c drive and add each driver in its own folder named after its version number, then put all this folders in the mydrivers folder.

its failsafe so many driver updaters mess up your pc but installing the wrong driver or an older driver.

when you see what may be a new driver a quick look at your mydrivers folder heading will tell you if its a later version.

Guest Guest

Wow, another version of a program is coming out already for ASC? I can't wait for the beta to be released. I hope ASC5 looks good!

captainron

yet to find a good driver updater, best one was cnet one in late 90's but is long gone [anyone rememder it back in the days of windows 95/98].

what i do if create a folder in favorites call it "updates" then goto to your motherboard web page where drivers are shown save to a fav folder called the name of your motherboard and move the folder to the updates folder you have just created that will give all your motherboard drivers, do similer to sound,graphic,printer,scanner,modem drivers etc.

i always save a copy of each drvier in a folder called "mydrivers" on my c drive and add each driver in its own folder named after its version number, then put all this folders in the mydrivers folder.

its failsafe so many driver updaters mess up your pc but installing the wrong driver or an older driver.

when you see what may be a new driver a quick look at your mydrivers folder heading will tell you if its a later version.

The best thing to do is just google the harware id and get it from the chip manufacturer site or the latest off other sites; especially with video, LAN&WLAN, and Audio. Motherboard and OEM pages usually just drop in the current drivers when the product is released and forget about it.

DeviceDoctor is the most updated updater, but it also suffers from all the problems I mentioned. The people behind all of them are mostly marketing interest only and put medial effort into maintaining and detection.

Here it has been screen shot. (by Andrey Iobit in Facebook) http://www.facebook.com/IOBitGameBooster#!/photo.php?fbid=245022245519923&set=a.180872768601538.38572.100000364475447&type=1&theater

You have to sign-in to Facebook to see it.

I wonder when IObit makes it available for Forum members. :?:

Cheers.

EDIT: You can download and see it from HERE.

Yes, the download worked for me.

I see they reversed the Toolbox and Turbo buttons.

I suppose that will make it easier to tell which version you have. :lol:

But we won't be able to use our favorite Skin, that we are using with version-4. :cry:

Looks like the v4 UI with some social-networking stuff added. First thing I'm going to do is a bug test, and see how many of the v4 bugs are still in it. I have plenty that never got fixed.

What good is a clean&optimize solution if the system or a vital aspect doesn't work after it's used? If I can't set this up on a computer-illiterate persons machine and not have to worry, then it's a failed product.

Guest Guest

I'm quite good friends with Andrey myself, plus I'm an admin on the 4 IObit pages. Anyway I hope ASC5 will be what IObit tell it to be!

Archived