IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

new Java 7 now out

enoskype loads of improvements including security.

if you have a virtual set up rumours of a bug.

but ok here in xp,w7 32bit

info below from cnet

"The release includes improved support for dynamic languages, multicore-compatible APIs, and additional networking and security features. Oracle said in a statement it is the culmination of "industry-wide development involving open review, weekly builds and extensive collaboration between Oracle engineers and members of the worldwide Java ecosystem."

However, the Apache Lucene search engine project management committee warned yesterday that Java SE7 contained bugs that could cause a Java Virtual Machine to crash or affect applications

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-20085536-92/oracle-releases-buggy-java-se7/#ixzz1TaIUOUUP"

Hi again sunny, I have got a quote from InfoWorld to inform Apache Project users Lucene/Soir.

The bottom line, per Apache Project: Don't use Apache Lucene/Solr with Java 7 releases before Update 2. If you do, the group recommends that you at least disable loop optimizations using the -XX:-UseLoopPredicate JVM option to avoid the risk of index corruptions. The Apache Project strongly recommended that users avoid running any of the hotspot optimization switches in any version of Java without extensive testing.

Additionally, Apache Project advised that users who upgrade to Java 7 may need to reindex, "because the Unicode version shipped with Java 7 changed and tokenization behaves differently (e.g. lowercasing)." More information is available in the JRE_VERSION_MIGRATION.txt file that comes with the distribution package

On the other hand, I will try it on my Virtual XP in Win7 to see if there is a problem.

I have edited my above post about the bugs.

FYI, it is OK in my Win7 Pro.

Toppack, since they are talking about update 2, I believe it is not in Beta status.

Cheers.

Another thing I'm wondering about is if there are version-7 upgrades for both 32.bit and 64.bit Browsers?

It may only be for 32.bit?

The Java website did not give good info about version numbers, that I could find?

And Where Is My 128.bit version. :lol:

So, No one knows about the 64.bit version? :?:

I'm not sure but I think the latest 64.bit browser version of Java is 6 ?

We are using 64.bit IE-9 on all our systems,

except when we encounter a website that can Not handle it,

and we have to use the 32.bit. :sad:

So, No one knows about the 64.bit version? :?:

Toppack, I hope this is what you are looking for! :lol:

JDK 7, and JRE 7 Supports:

Windows: XP, Vista, 7 and Server 2008, Server 2008R2 versions in 64 bit architecture.

IE: 7, 8, 9

FF: 3.6+, 4.x

Crome: Windows OSs

HERE.

Installation for Windows x64 is @ Installation of JRE on 64-Bit Windows Computers

Here is Windows x64 JRE 7 download : jre-7-windows-x64.exe

Cheers.

Archived