IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartRAM

megaman

Active....

How did you Test it?

I re-booted and left the pc idle for awhile and nothing happens with Suo10_SmartRam and don't know what Active Boost does/did, if anything.

When I run SmartRam those high usage numbers go down, but on reboot the same high numbers appear and no Automatic SmartRam clean after pc is idle.

• 2 months later...
I guess for now, we can only hope that IObit let's us know what 'Active-boost' does

and how it compares to Smart-ram?

ActiveBoost technology works in the background as you use your PC, intelligently managing memory and application processes to ensure the system is running as efficiently as possible. While this won’t have much effect on day-to-day use, it may prove useful in situations where your PC would normally become sluggish after being overloaded by too many resource-intensive processes competing for resources.

i hope that helps .

any program you install to free up memory is just adding to the memory usage ?

ActiveBoost technology works in the background as you use your PC, intelligently managing memory and application processes to ensure the system is running as efficiently as possible.

Yes, but that is what the SmartRam utility does Also.

I don't think ActiveBoost has much control of Processes though?

I have had a problem whereby Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V stopped working.

I found the resolution was to not use Smart Ram's "clean clipboard" function, clearing the box restored normal functionality.

Just thought I would share this discovery as it was causing me headaches and took me days to resolve, purely by trial and error.

I'm not sure if this problem would be considered a bug by IObit, but I don't think it is a very good implementation of the feature if it stops the shortcuts working at all.

Archived