IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

my game booster analysis

If i could please get any help on how to boost my gaming performance that would be great... I mostly play League of Legends and i used to play Heroes of Newerth before the updates made my game go so slow it made it unplayable and i would like to start playing Hon again if i can get it to play without massive lag and disconections.... PLEASE HELP :D

Game Booster Diagnose Report.txt

You may not want to hear my suggestion, But

The best thing to do is get a Faster computer and Internet-connection. :idea:

A Quad-core CPU @ about 3.GHz, with minimum of 4.GB of RAM, Windows-7 64bit OS

and Roadrunner-Cable connection is sufficient.

C'mon Toppack, he already has Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz, is there really need for that kind of an investment? Updating Vista to service pack 2 and only increase in RAM even to 2GB for trevin117 and using Game Booster could well solve the sluggishness. :grin: (Unless he's got a very slow internet connection of course.)

NOTE: Vista, with sp2, is much more effective (uncomparable) on RAM than original Vista.

Cheers.

A Dual-core CPU is good but it's surprizing how much more data a Quad-core can handle. 8-)

And at least 4.GB RAM is definitely needed. Preferably DDR3 type RAM.

I forgot to mention the GPU & RAM on the Video-card, which are critical,

but 'that's another Story'. :lol:

A Dual-core CPU is good but it's surprizing how much more data a Quad-core can handle. 8-)

And at least 4.GB RAM is definitely needed. Preferably DDR3 type RAM.

I forgot to mention the GPU & RAM on the Video-card, which are critical,

but 'that's another Story'. :lol:

Game Booster isn't designed for top end gaming rigs. It is designed for lower end or middle of the road rigs which the above mentioned system fits.

It's very odd that you tell a user to buy a faster computer when you are posting in a forum that represents a utility that is designed to speed up slower computers.

The bottleneck in his system IMO is his system memory (especially with Vista) and Video. Memory is an area that GB3 helps the most.

Also note that the GB3 Diagnose report lists his CPU as the highest rated component (memory next). Upgrading these would imbalance his system offering little performance help.

On a personal note trevin117, If I had your system and didn't have the money for a new one, I would uninstall Vista, install XP (if you have it) and add some RAM (4 gig total). If this is a laptop, stop there. If it's a desktop, add an older video card like an nvidia 460 (cheap). Using the onboard video sucks (again, unless you have a laptop).

Archived