IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't open Skype

luckyvic

Hmmm

I have IMF 1.2 Pro as well and XP SP3 too.

I turned off Automatic Scan & Update, 1 guard at a time and now they're all off, leaving me with no Realtime Protection! Well DOG detection is still on. BUT, Skype now loads up.

So again I'm disabling IMF. Such a shame.

Thanks solbjerg for your help, I really appreciate it. I'm frustated with IMF.

Hi luckyvic

OK, lucky? :-) Here are my settings:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8392&stc=1&d=1317363293

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8393&stc=1&d=1317363360

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8394&stc=1&d=1317363360

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. The one thing I did after having installed version 1.2 was to restart my computer and run a chkdsk while the updating message continued to show that it wasn't updated even though it was, after that it worked fine.

I have IMF 1.2 Pro as well and XP SP3 too.

I turned off Automatic Scan & Update, 1 guard at a time and now they're all off, leaving me with no Realtime Protection! Well DOG detection is still on. BUT, Skype now loads up.

So again I'm disabling IMF. Such a shame.

Thanks solbjerg for your help, I really appreciate it. I'm frustated with IMF.

Nope

I got the same settings as yours, still can't open Skype. I completely unchecked everything in IMF and Skype loads up.

I even did a clean installed latest version of Skype today. Ran virus & spyware scans, defragged, chkdsk, and etc.

It's IMF that's the cause.

• 3 weeks later...
[Malware Review] Backdoor.R2D2.A a.k.a “der Bundestrojaner”

11 October 2011

Achtung, there’s a new “BundesRAT”in the wild

Bundestrojaner, or the federal Trojan, has been extensively debated in the press for the past couple of days. It all started with an announcementover the weekend when Chaos Computer Club (CCC) said they found a backdoor Trojan allegedly used by the German government for “lawful interceptions”. Even though German spokespersons and ministers denied any involvement, the subject remains controversial.

Apart from the flaming context surrounding Backdoor.R2D2.A, this e-threat is in fact a highly interesting piece of code. From a technical viewpoint, it deserves a closer look.

Identified by Bitdefender as Backdoor.R2D2.A, this Trojan only targets Windows systems, ranging from 2000 to Vista. The dll file that it drops runs only if loaded by one of the following processes: Skype.exe, SkypePM.exe, explorer.exe, msnmsgr.exe, yahoomessenger.exe, x-lite.exe or sipgatexlite.exe. Notable here is the fact that Backdoor.R2D2 behaves differently according to the application loading it.

The Backdoor targets especially VoIP applications. It tracks and sends to the C&C server information regarding instant messenger discussions and conferences, answered or missed calls, written messages between two or more users, and oral conversations via Skype. So nothing remains a secret to this Trojan as it catalogs all: who the user speaks to, when and how long these conversations last, what messages the targeted person receives, what calls he takes or rejects.

Don't know if its related to the problem here, but just another reason to avoid programs like Skype, Windows IM and websites like Facebook.

People love them because they make social interaction a lot more convenient, but the bad guys love them even more.

Archived