IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Game Booster3 not working, After install on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit (x86) PC?

Game Booster3 not working, After install on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit (x86) PC?

Okay! I installed Game Booster3 after downloading it from IObit. I checked and this IS the latest version. After install runs and completes successful, I rebooted and right clicked the desktop icon created during install and select run as administrator. And.... Nothing happens.

In task manager, under "processes" I can see that image name " GameBooster.exe" is running, (was created), However no "Application" starts or is associated with said "Process" / "image" (GameBooster.exe).

As far as I can tell, there is no associated "Service" created, started or ended, by said "Process"(GameBooster.exe)

Any and all help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I will supply any required info or diagnostic reports needed.

Below I have included my basic system info.

I have looked on the software vendors support page and forum, This matter is not discussed here.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name *********************

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model PowerEdge SC430

System Type X86-based PC

Processor Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.40GHz, 3400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A04, 10/6/2006

SMBIOS Version 2.3

Windows Directory F:\Windows

System Directory F:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name ***********************

Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB

Available Physical Memory 1.19 GB

Total Virtual Memory 4.29 GB

Available Virtual Memory 3.24 GB

Page File Space 2.29 GB

Page File F:\pagefile.sys

PLEASE HELP, "MY PC DEPENDS ON YOU!"

:twisted:MY FAVORITE QUOTE!::twisted:

The number one Reason not to argue with an Idiot is; "They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

I'm not sure i mentioned above but i have tried the beta versions as-well same result.

after looking over IObits site a little more, Advanced SystemCare4 caught my eye so i tried to install it, and nothing happened so i rebotted and tryed again, same. So booted to safe mode and tried with same effect. !!!!

{{{{BUT}}}}}

just for giggles i clicked the GB3 icon on the desktop wile in safemode and Vuwala!!! there it was!.

booted back to normal environment.

same issue!

Can I run a diagnostic report from GB3 from within safe-mode and will that info be of any value!

PLEASE HELP!

Run GB3, not GB2.

Go to the Program files/Iobit/Game Booster directory and run Gamebooster.exe.

Anything happen?

Is there a GB icon in your taskbar (may be hidden).

Check to see if your firewall is blocking the Gamebooster.exe file for some reason. make a rule to allow it to be ignored,

SAME Results!

Run GB3, not GB2.

Go to the Program files/Iobit/Game Booster directory and run Gamebooster.exe.

Anything happen?

Is there a GB icon in your taskbar (may be hidden).

Check to see if your firewall is blocking the Gamebooster.exe file for some reason. make a rule to allow it to be ignored,

Thank you for addressing my issue MasterBlaster, Currently I Have GB3 non beta version installed. (Meaning it shows in the list of programs and features uninstall menu, And has a folder inside of the IObit folder that was created during GB3's installation { "F:\Program Files\IObit\Game Booster 3" }. However it will not run..... YET )

That said. I took your advise and attempted to run Gamebooster.exe from its root directory folder. Unfortunately It has the same result, So I ran it with Admin Permission, Still Same result.

:!:

I distinctly remember trying this method previous to joining the forum to address this issue. But I figured I'd give it an other shot, both before and after I addressed the firewall Theory.

With regards to GB3 and the firewall, a little back ground might shed more light. I am using the plain old windows firewall that comes included in WINDOWS 7 Ultimate SP1, (meaning I do not have any other firewall installed, or turned on.). I have never had any other firewall software on this machine.

That Said, I went to Control Panel, and opened "Windows Firewall". On the left hand side of the window I clicked "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall" from there I clicked the "Change settings" button on the top right. Then I clicked on the Newly Highlighted "Allow another program" button on the bottom right. Then in the new window that appears, I scrolled down until I saw "Game Booster 3" selected it and then clicked "Add". After this I was returned to the "Allowed Program" list. (The list of programs that Windows Firewall has know rules for). There I verified that it has permission to communicate threw my type of network connection, "Home/Work(Private)".

:?Sadly, the same issue persists! when I click the desktop icon, i get nothing.

when I click the Gamebooster.exe file in the root directory described above, Nothing,!!!!!!!!!

And When I right click either one, ( the icon or the .exe file) and select to "Run as Administrator" Still NOTHING!!!!!!!!:cry:

Status Update on original issue!

Please HELP, I can't seem to get GB3 (non-beta version) to load on my PC running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.

The install goes smoothly, but the program never loads/runs after that.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Practically all versions of GB3, beta or other wise. I have never installed any version of GB2. I started with GB3 (non-beta) and now I'm back to GB3 (non-beta) Again.

:evil:There seems to be a few new issues with opening and closing installer packages on my machine now.

had to uninstall Firefox ( would Not Update) computer hangs on shut down now. had Issue with reinstalling Firefox, got past it by installing from Safe-Mode with Networking.

Ran Boot-time Virus Scan found nothing.

Ran chkdsk /r, took a lil wile but found nothing, so I ran sfc /scannow and it found Nothing.:twisted:

Will post more details as I get them in the original thread.

PS I have Avast (latest version), it hasn't brought any thing to my attention regarding GB3.

I use Malwarebites, it hasn't brought any thing to my attention regarding GB3.

Windows Defender (pre-incorperated into windows), it hasn't brought any thing to my attention regarding GB3.

My system Was Free of Issues prior to install of GB3!!! (was only looking to Boost Performance for gaming) web based kids games for my son, and DOOM 3 for me!

Thank you for your time, I was just hoping to have an experts opinion on the matter!

more details upon request!

PLEASE HELP!

Hi COCA_COLA, welcome to IObıt Forum! :grin:

Go on, try masterblaster's suggestions, but I have a feeling if the system drive beeing (F:\) has anything to do with it.

I wonder where is:

C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster 3

folder, and if GB executable which should be in:

C:\Program Files\IObit\Game Booster 3

is communicating with those files there.

I had once encountered same situation with using different system drive than C: with the first version of Game Booster in XP x32.

Cheers.

What a Rockey mistake!

Turn off Avast and run GB3. I know Avast does cause some problems with some games.

Also when you run it, hit ctl/alt/del and see if a Process called GBTRAY.EXE is running.

I feel plain Silly!

It was Avast the Hole time! yes GBTRAY.exe is shown as a running process now.

does any one know the Names of the processes I need to allow from with in avast?

I allowed (GameBooster.exe, gbtray.exe, & Game Booster 3\unins000.exe)

are there others I need to allow, avast still won't let me run GB3 unless it's all the way shut off!

Thank you very much MasterBlaster, guess all I really needed was an out side perspective. " Two heads are better then one!"

I've Attached my Diagnostic report in a zip file!

Game Booster Diagnose Report.zip

A little over due Maintenance!

Turn off Avast and run GB3. I know Avast does cause some problems with some games.

Also when you run it, hit ctl/alt/del and see if a Process called GBTRAY.EXE is running.

Hi COCA_COLA, welcome to IObıt Forum! :grin:

Go on, try masterblaster's suggestions, but I have a feeling if the system drive beeing (F:\) has anything to do with it.

I wonder where is:

C:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster 3

folder, and if GB executable which should be in:

C:\Program Files\IObit\Game Booster 3

is communicating with those files there.

I had once encountered same situation with using different system drive than C: with the first version of Game Booster in XP x32.

Cheers.

Thank you enoskype.

I hand reBuilt this system after i stoped using it as a server. Ihad a 1-terabite Sata HDD Installed back when i made the jump to Windows 7 Ultimate, Is there an easy way to switch my Drive letter assignment back to ( C:\) with out Causing all sorts of indexing issues or MBR problems?

There are no Drives using the ( C:\) Letter assignment at the moment.

Thank you all kindly for your help with these matters.:wink:

System Instablity!

Other executables in Game Booster 3 main folder:

Boost.exe

GameLauncher.exe

AutoUpdate.exe

For the system drive letter change in 7, have a look at HERE.

Cheers.

I created exceptions for Boost.exe, GameLauncher.exe, and AutoUpdate.exe aswell but avast still prevents GB3 from running.

If I select the GB3 desktop icon and then run task manager wile avast is enabled, I can see the GBTRAY.exe process running under processes. And If I click it again it creates another identical process " GBTRAY.exe" just below it. Once I've done this and created multiple "GBTRAY.exe" processes, I am no longer able to successfully End the GBTARY.exe process with task manager even after I disable Avast again. :cry:Furthermore my entire system becomes unstable and hangs on almost any command. :cry:ie... simply clicking on firefox icon or pretty much any other icon makes the hole system freeze.

Whats worse, is my start menu acts all funky. Once I'm finally able to click my shutdown option in start menu, it closes everything as normal, even the logging off screen finishes, but then the system hangs at the final screen (with the revolving blue circle saying "Shutting off").

I can avoid this entire issue if I've selected to "disable permanently" and shut off the avast shield protections, and then complete a reboot.

Once the system loads up with avast disable from the start GB3 runs just fine. But if I turn on avast then browse the net for a bit ie... check email. (a time that its defiantly good to have virus protection enabled) then try to run GB3 the cycle repeats even if I turn avast shield protections back off before hand.

Any ideas or suggestions are always appreciated, and thank you for taking the time to read threw all my bantering.

Hi COCA_COLA,

Please try the way below to solve this issue.

Please close the GameBooster.exe in the task manager, then Please delete the GameBooster.ini under F:\ProgramData\IObit\Game Booster 3\, lastly, please start Game Booster again to see whether it works.

Please let us know the result.

Archived