IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Turbo Boost Concerns

Alex_is_Here

Hi everyone,

After installing Advanced System Care Free v4.1.0, I ran the quick care option, making sure to only delete registry issues that were medium-no risk, and then the Turbo Boost option. Before running Turbo Boost, I was sure to configure it so that I only selected the processes I wanted to disable. However, after reading some forums online, I found that alot of people experienced issues with their system after running turbo boost, because of it terminating background processes that were essential to the pc. I am just concerned that I have not just created said issues for myself. Feedback would be greatly appreaciated.

Oops, I'm using version-5 of ASC.

I no longer have version 4 on this computer and I can't remember where the 'restore' button was in 4 ?

But I think you just click the 'On' status button, changing it to 'Off', and that restored everything?

Maybe someone else, still using 4, can help with that?

I have one other question concerning safe optimization. It is somewhat unrelated to the title of this thread, but I figure it relates to the same issue, so here goes. Under Deep Care, there is a subsection called "system optimization". After doing a scan of this, I found a few things that seemed questionable to disable. Attached is a picture of the actions ASC is asking me to execute, I am just looking for someone to confirm if it is safe to perform these actions.

Thanks,

Alexander.

I did not think any Windows Services that are set to 'Manual' would slow down the computer, but I could be wrong?

(since they are only used when needed, when in Manual mode)

If you are Not on a local Network, then I think it would be okay to disable them though.

The 2 System Config items are probably not needed but I don't think I would disable those,

since they could be needed someday.

I would keep a copy of all changes made, just in case you need to reset them, using services.msc program.

Archived