IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare 4.2 (4.2.0.249) is updated on 10/17/2011 (4.2.0.1017) !

enoskype

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8519&stc=1&d=1318737775 Advanced SystemCare 4.2.0.249 is available. (Oct 17, 2011) [updated on 10.17.2011 [4.2.0.1017)]

....http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6499&d=1292462110

from MajorGeeks (asc4-setup-aff.exe (4.2.0.0) size: 29801 KB) (October 17, 2011)

Application File: ASC.exe (3222 KB) Application File version: (4.2.0.249)

The Setup File is for both FREE and PRO editions.

Changelog:

-----------------------

+ Added initial support for Windows 8

+ Added support for Firefox 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 Beta1, Google Chrome 15.0 Beta, 16.0 Beta

+ Added support for Flash Player (Non-IE) 11.0 and Flash Player (IE) 11.0, Thunderbird 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 Beta1, AntiVir Personal 12.0, TeamSpeak 3.0, AVG Free Edition 2012, KMPlayer 3.0, MediaMonkey 4.0

+ Improved modules for "Privacy Sweep", "Junk Files Clean" and "Deep Registry Fix"

+ Improved tools in "ToolBox"

+ Improved UI

+ Updated "IObit Uninstaller 2.0"

+ Updated language files

* Fixed general bugs

Cheers.

Hi all,

Like enoskype said, the setup file is the latest one and new, as created on October 17, 2011.

The version of ASC.exe was not updated because only some other files were renewed.

(OFCommon.dll, Sun14_SystemControl.exe, Suo12_Startupmanger.exe, Toolbox.exe, LicenseConverter.exe)

Cheers.

Hi all,

Like enoskype said, the setup file is the latest one and new, as created on October 17, 2011.

The version of ASC.exe was not updated because only some other files were renewed.

(OFCommon.dll, Sun14_SystemControl.exe, Suo12_Startupmanger.exe, Toolbox.exe, LicenseConverter.exe)

Cheers.

I'm confused now, so have there been any improvements or fixes in this release?

• 2 weeks later...

My 4.2 version was "updated" on Oct. 23

And the only difference is that my pro version was DISABLED without telling me about it the program is now stamped "FREE" and I lost all my previous pro features.

I find this to be a 'sharp practice' and not nice.

A few days later, I got an email with a 'special offer' to upgrade.

At no time, have I received a clear message to the effect that my license has expired and that I should renew my pro license. I dont like the methodology, in particular to be advised to 'update' on 23rd Oct - which naturally I did click - only to find that the upgrade is a trick to disable my pro version.

I like the product, I dont like the marketing method. Not at all.

Hi LEF48!

Please don't confuse the blanket email that you received with anything else... it seems to have been a blind email sent to every Iobit user who had an email registered whether their license was still good or not. Another user just posted yesterday confused about whether his license was good or not, see this thread: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11737

I received this mail myself late last night and opened it today. Its the first such mail I've ever received from Iobit in two years.

How long has it been since you bought the pro license... it is good for 12 months. When exactly was your pro license to expire?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper

Clean Uninstall & Install ?

My 4.2 version was "updated" on Oct. 23

And the only difference is that my pro version was DISABLED without telling me about it the program is now stamped "FREE" and I lost all my previous pro features.

I find this to be a 'sharp practice' and not nice......

I and most other users updated to 4.2 and did not lose the Pro version but sometimes there can be a 'glitch'

Are you sure your license has not expired?

Did you re-enter your license code?

If you can't remember the license code then check your emails, you would have already received an email from Avangate when you first purchased the IObit software. That email contained your License code

If you can't find that then you can get a copy sent to the same email address by going to IObit - Retrieve License

If you re-enter the license code and it still does not change to the Pro version then I recommend you do a Clean Uninstall & Install

See This Post for details.

Screenshots are in This Post

....A few days later, I got an email with a 'special offer' to upgrade.....

When you purchase a license it is valid for 1 year for 1 computer, there is no need to buy a new version of Advanced SystemCare.

Please see the thread Newbie Question on Versions & IObit email for an explanation of that email.

...At no time, have I received a clear message to the effect that my license has expired and that I should renew my pro license. I dont like the methodology, in particular to be advised to 'update' on 23rd Oct - which naturally I did click - only to find that the upgrade is a trick to disable my pro version.

I like the product, I dont like the marketing method. Not at all.

It is most likely you did not receive “a clear message to the effect that my license has expired” because your license has not expired. If your license is due to expire soon you will probably receive an email from Avangate asking if you want to renew.

Try the above methods to get your Pro version back, if for some reason your license code doesn't work you can contact IObit Online Support

Describe your situation and include as much information as possible. They can help to get you a new license code if necessary, we can't do that on this forum.

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks for your replies every one.

a) I found my license details and it expires sometime in Dec. 2011

b) I take note that the special offer received shortly after my pro version was disabled by the "upgrade" was purely coincidental. (about 3 days after the disable)

c) I have tried to input the license number but an error message indicated ' it is not valid and that I should purchase a new license ..' (not exact words but this reflects the meaning).

d) I have noted that I should do a clean re-install and input my license number, I shall try this sometime ...

e) In addition to the reply under this thread, I want to report that I have received a private message on the forum as well as an email copy form support.

This last point demonstrates to me that what I suffered must have been truly accidental and that the software makers are in good faith. This is very pleasant, I like honest suppliers.

In due course, I shall purchase version 5. Hopefully there will be a good offer to upgrade my current license.

Thanks again and best to all, Lef

The clean install did not accept my license number < Edit > which I had received by email back in December 2010

It is best they reply by email with specific instructions or a new license code because my guess is that when the "upgrade" disabled my license, it also voided it in your license code server so when the program connects to check the license, it gets a negative.

I await the support email.

Thanks for your help and best regards, Lef

Hi LEF48

Am curious if you copied and pasted the code from the original email. If you typed it in exactly... (sometimes this isn't good enough)... try to copy and paste to reactivate.

-Mel

P.S. Not a good idea to post licensing information on the open forum!! Please remove by EDIT!!

Archived