IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Performance Monitor

Hi jerry

Well, you do not divulge much information :-)

Please write performance in the search box and read about what others have said about that.

Cheers

solbjerg

I hace Windows 7 64 bit computer with 4GB of memory and a 500 GB hard drive. The Performance Monitor never goes above "C".

Hi sunny

Have you tried closing the program after a DeepCare and then opening it again?

It may be a little bug, because it apparently can't distinguish between the first and the second "check" of the application unless the program is restarted after the second check, I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

i have a few odd results

desktop stays on A

laptop cannot make its mind swaps between A & B[indicating turbo boost] every few mins

netbook stays on D indicating run deep care, I run deep care, then it goes to A but a few mins later returns to D indicating run deepcare again.

Performance Monitor Issue

Today, PM began going to C and D back to A then C, then D, then C and so on on my Win7 laptop. I have run deep care and quick care a number of times today only to have PM go to A only twice all day then quickly back to C or D. I've also run defrag, disk cleaner, startup manager, empty folder scanner, win fix trying to detect the problem. Based on earlier posts I read in the forum, I've shut down and restarted a number of times today and shutdown and restarted PM.

I'm running the Pro version of asc 4.2.0.249 that I upgraded to after purchase a couple of weeks ago. Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Buzz

As I told you in the other post you made:

Go into the program folder and find Pmonitor.exe if you click it - it will start. To make it easier next time send it to the desktop as a shortcut.

Cheers

solbjerg

Solbjerg, can you please help me get my performance monitor icon back? It went away after I ran Quick care.

Hi Buzz

To try to answer that we need to know what settings you have.

Please read all post about ventrilo and about Pmonitor by writing the names in the Forum search.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg, I found the short cut, but don't understand why Quick Care would delete it.

Performance Monitor Issue v4

I am having the EXACT same problem. I have also run a thorough deep scan, twice, and it still gives me a C on the performance monitor. There isn't anything the program is finding yet my rating (which was fine running v3) remains at C. Someone needs to be looking at this apparent bug in the program. :!:

Today, PM began going to C and D back to A then C, then D, then C and so on on my Win7 laptop. I have run deep care and quick care a number of times today only to have PM go to A only twice all day then quickly back to C or D. I've also run defrag, disk cleaner, startup manager, empty folder scanner, win fix trying to detect the problem. Based on earlier posts I read in the forum, I've shut down and restarted a number of times today and shutdown and restarted PM.

I'm running the Pro version of asc 4.2.0.249 that I upgraded to after purchase a couple of weeks ago. Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Hi bgsbny

What does the program recommend you to do?

What settings do you have? Are there some automatic functions /schedules that you have missed?

Have you tried closing down the application completely after having scanned and then wait a few seconds and start it again - what does the level say then?

Do you have TurboBoost ticked in the settings without using the function?

If you don't - try toggling it.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am having the EXACT same problem. I have also run a thorough deep scan, twice, and it still gives me a C on the performance monitor. There isn't anything the program is finding yet my rating (which was fine running v3) remains at C. Someone needs to be looking at this apparent bug in the program. :!:

Asc 4.2 Performance Monitor

Hi All!

Just signed up with forum. Am having problems with Performance Monitor showing up on desktop. Running Windows 7, 32 bit and ASC 4.2. Are there known issues?

Recently installed VMware for Linux Fedora 12 to learn command line. Have used IObit products over a year and complete suite (MWF, ASC, SDF) has saved my bacon more than once. Like the interface.

Suggestions?

Solbjerg,

The program recommends that I run a Quick Scan which I have done. However, when ASC initially opens the performance monitor after boot up, it starts at D then goes to C. I decided to run a Deep Scan in lieu of the Quick Scan, since I had already run that, rebooted my computer, and it still started at D then to C. No turbo boost. I have even tried reinstalling the program and no change.

Hi bgsbny

Did you try what I have previously mentioned - to right click the Pmonitor window and select Close.

Then go into the folder and find Pmonitor.exe - click that to start the application - and please report what level it shows.

You haven't told me what your program settings are, neither if you have any automatic function running or some shedule running.

Did you try toggling the TurboBoost setting?

You could try toggling all the settings!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. have you tried a full chkdsk? (both used and unused space?)

(I am a little non-plussed by the problem while I have never had it, I get straight A's all the time) :-)

(I do run XP sp3 though)

Solbjerg,

The program recommends that I run a Quick Scan which I have done. However, when ASC initially opens the performance monitor after boot up, it starts at D then goes to C. I decided to run a Deep Scan in lieu of the Quick Scan, since I had already run that, rebooted my computer, and it still started at D then to C. No turbo boost. I have even tried reinstalling the program and no change.

Hi

For those with problems with the Performance Monitor in ASC 4.1 I recommend that the option in the settings to have it start with Windows is deselected.

And then when you want to check the level of performance go into the program folder and click on Pmonitor.exe, check the status - right click on it at the desktop and choose close - until you want to check next time.

(In my opinion it isn't necessary to have it run continually. That constant checking is using resources better used elsewhere I think.)

For your own convenience you can place a shortcut to Pmonitor.exe on the desktop.

(IObit at the moment (in ASC 5 beta 3) doesn't have that application in the program!)

Cheers

solbjerg

In my opinion the desktop performance icon is a useful tool, I often refer to it.. but is only useful in a computer with plenty of CPU and RAM. I have found it poor on an aging xp laptop and netbook as they do now have the RAM/CPU to keep the "A" setting after a deepscan therefore i have removed it via settings.

Hello everyone - first time post on these forums.

Like a few posters in this thread, I have got 2 PCs which also seem to suffer from the same issue where the Performance Monitor never goes above C and D in ASC 4 Pro.

I am running the Pro version (paid for) 4.2.0 on both PCs.

I have run Quick Care and Deep Care on separate occasions and have shut the program down and have even rebooted both PCs to see if the problem goes away or remains.

Upon a reboot, I get the Performance Monitor start up with a C or D rating on both PCs.

Am I right in thinking that this is a bug in the Pro version of ASC 4 (or not?)

Having read through this thread, I have now switched off Performance Monitor so that it does not start automatically with/when Windows starts. I have run it separately/on its own using the PMonitor.exe shortcut from within the Program Files folder, and I still get C and D ratings?

Is there anything else I can do now?

I seem to think that I did not see this behaviour in the "Free" version of the program? If I remember correctly, then this only started after I paid and upgraded to the Pro version of ASC 4 a while ago.

I am glad to be corrected on my last statement, though.

Would be grateful for any help or advice on my issue.

Thanks.

happy37

• 3 weeks later...

Solbjerg,

Yesterday I downloaded and upgraded two different XP computers to SystemCare 5 (V5.0.0.158) based on an email I received from IObit.

On both computers the Performance Monitor has gone. I have searched for "Pmonitor.exe" on my hard drive and it does not exist there. I have tried to find a site online where I can download it, but to no avail.

How do I retrieve "Pmonitor.exe'? I found it very useful and would like to have it back.

Thanks - and if I need to do a full reload of the download, so I don't repeat the mistake, what did I do wrong in applying the download?

Woz o Oz, Thank you for the response. I found PMonitor.exe on my backup drive in ACS 4 and copied it into ACS 5. It seems to work fine.

Now I feel secure knowing at a glance my PC is working as best it can.

And, I should add that ACS 5 has made it work quicker too!

2lguy - a happy user :-D

Archived