IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC recommendation constantly "D"

jayloord

Hey,

I bought ASC, to see if i could improve the performance of an old Dell laptop with XP that i am using. It seemed to speed things up a bit, and certainly freed up a lot of disc space that i didnt realise i had.

However, recently, the recommendation always seems to be "Deep Care", and after adhering to it, results are only temporarily apparent, before quickly reverting to its fearful command.

I am not really great with computers, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

hi jayloord

Please try writing performance in the search box - button "Search" in the tool line in the forum window, and read all comments concerning performance.

Please also read Usage of IObit Products (links in my signature.)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey,

I bought ASC, to see if i could improve the performance of an old Dell laptop with XP that i am using. It seemed to speed things up a bit, and certainly freed up a lot of disc space that i didnt realise i had.

However, recently, the recommendation always seems to be "Deep Care", and after adhering to it, results are only temporarily apparent, before quickly reverting to its fearful command.

I am not really great with computers, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey,

Replace XP with Windows 7. You need 1MB to run W7. If your Dell doesn't have it then try and buy a new Netbook, laptop, tablet etc.

I use avast! Internet Security suite and you would not believe how many problems people look for help solving on the Avast Forum with respect to XP computers vs W7 computers. It must be 4 or 5 to 1 at least and W7 has now passed XP in worldwide users.

XP is an ancient system. You are better off running a current version of Linux than XP. JMO

In fact I had a Netbook running Windows 7 and it ran okay. However, I wasn't using it that much so I replaced W7 with W8 Developer Preview. The W8-DP actually runs better on my Netbook than W7 did. I am still using W7 on my desktops and I am very happy with it however I expect I will be even happier with Windows 8 on my desktops when I upgrade to it in the future.

Archived