IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Wanted to defragment my SSD ?

witalik

Hello all,

First of all the program is wel made and very easy to use nice one. Though it didnt find the malware today earlier i dont use it for that kind of things only i have another program for that !

Last time when i was giving my system a deep clean, i went for myself to do some other things and when i came back i saw the program was 10% already busy with defragmenting my SSD ! Now i know this is not a good thing ! So does the program not detect its a SSD and thus should not be defragmented ???

I am noticing my SSD is not acting like a SSD now but like a normal drive, the instant click open , click close , alt tab other program is not instant anymore.

Is there a way with the program to undo itself already done mayhem on my SSD ? or can i just throw it away now ?

Thnx in advance for the reply's !

Hi Witalik

I don't think there is much you can do.

Did you by any chance change your default setting to defrag SSD?

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8812&stc=1&d=1321477219

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello all,

First of all the program is wel made and very easy to use nice one. Though it didnt find the malware today earlier i dont use it for that kind of things only i have another program for that !

Last time when i was giving my system a deep clean, i went for myself to do some other things and when i came back i saw the program was 10% already busy with defragmenting my SSD ! Now i know this is not a good thing ! So does the program not detect its a SSD and thus should not be defragmented ???

I am noticing my SSD is not acting like a SSD now but like a normal drive, the instant click open , click close , alt tab other program is not instant anymore.

Is there a way with the program to undo itself already done mayhem on my SSD ? or can i just throw it away now ?

Thnx in advance for the reply's !

Hi witalik

I doubt very much that it is destroyed.

Have you checked that you haven't activated some delayed action in the startup programs?

The setting for not defragging SSD should be ticked and when running the deep scan you should untick the defrag option.

Please also look into the issue of delayed action!!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. have you checked the Restore Center to try to nullify the changes you have made.

i did not alter any of the options, i just run a deep care.

So my SSD is destroyed now ? shouldnt this program detect its not a normal drive ?

Yes that option is ticked at the settings screen !

no i havent unticked the Deframent option because i have two more 'normal' drives in my pc. So i figured it would do those, till i saw it was my disk C:\ named SSD also lol.

I guess i have the standard windows thing i could use to get back some days...

But still i think it is a bug then in the program, might be something you want to check out. I havent alterd the settings on defragment tab, and the dont defragment SSD was ticked.

And no nothing has changed or installed on my pc.

Hi witalik

I have travelled to Zealand, so I haven't been able to respond before now. Sorry!

I think you should check your startup programs and see if any has the setting delayed.

Cheers

solbjerg

no i havent unticked the Deframent option because i have two more 'normal' drives in my pc. So i figured it would do those, till i saw it was my disk C:\ named SSD also lol.

I guess i have the standard windows thing i could use to get back some days...

But still i think it is a bug then in the program, might be something you want to check out. I havent alterd the settings on defragment tab, and the dont defragment SSD was ticked.

And no nothing has changed or installed on my pc.

• 1 month later...

You must recognize the SSD!!!!! At least for now!! Please check the drive locations you are defragmenting by looking at the top of Smart Defrag main GUI!! And un-check the ones you don't want to defrag!!

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9248&d=1326001082

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 1 year later...

Archived