IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Startup Manager Kills resets to Delay Every Time

Walt

I have Advanced System Care Beta 5 Beta 3.0 on Vista Home SP2. I set my Firewall to "Enable" on startup but the Startup Manager changes it to Delay which would be OK but the Delay turns into "Never."

I've tried to change it several times with any luck. I manualy start it each time I start or restart. I would turn it off If I knew how! Would someone help with this. I'm old and my Gray (or grey) Matter is much slower now. I'm using PC Tools Firewall.

Walt

Try upgrading to the newest version of ASC 5 non beta. See if that issue has been resolved in the newest release.

You can find it by clicking this link-> http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11844

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

I did install the update you mentioned and some things changed. The Startup Manager will notnot let me select "Enable." It does let the Firewall start in two minutes. That seems a little dangerous to me. The Firewall should start as soon as the Internet Connection is enabled, shouldn't it? Two minutes is a long time to be connected to the Internet and have an open Computer.

I've tried to select "Enable" and it does nothing. I right click on the Firewall and the options include "Enable" and it will not open there. I can go to my Programs on the Start Menu and select the Firewall and start it.

I remember putting a check in a small box indicating I wanted the Startup Manager to run. Wish I had not. I can't find the place to stop it. You have any ideas on that? I have a 2g video card and Dual Core Processor. So I don't think I need any help with Startup.

Still wanting to stop the process of Startup Manager but don't know how.

Thanks,

Walt

Advanced Care 5

I was about to go for the Pro Version of this until I ran across the Firewall delay as described in the above posts. When a program makes a change to my the program that I can't undo, it's time for me to leave and try something else. If I could just disable the Startup Manager all would be well.

Really do like all the other features of the program but this one thing is a determent to it all.

Walt

Hi Walt, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

- Please run Deep Care with only Startup Optimization option checked.

- When scan is finished, click Show Details and you can right click on the items you don't want to be dealed with Startup Manager and put them in the Ignore List by clicking "Ignore this problem".

-You can check the ignored items in :

More=>Settings=>Ignore List=>Startup Optimization tab

Cheers.

Hi Walt, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

- Please run Deep Care with only Startup Optimization option checked.

- When scan is finished, click Show Details and you can right click on the items you don't want to be dealed with Startup Manager and put them in the Ignore List by clicking "Ignore this problem".

-You can check the ignored items in :

More=>Settings=>Ignore List=>Startup Optimization tab

Cheers.

Thanks for the information and reply. I followed your instructions and was not able to use the "ignore this problem" as it was grayed out, not an option. I did find I could use "no action" after a right click. That took it out completely, no enabled, no disabled, etc. So I'll see what happends after I start it a few times. Thanks much for the kind reply and promptness.

Walt

Thank you enoskype, I'm now satisfied with the Startup manager as I am now OK with it.

I have signed up for the PRO Program just now, thanks to you. All in all it seems to be a very good thing to have. Hope I'm not disappointed. :-)

Walt

Enjoy it Walt!

I am positive that you will not be disappointed and you will discover new functions continuosly.

Pro edition needs to adjust all the settings one by one according to your needs.

Please be careful when you do a Deep Care if you have checked the Deep Scan option of registry and do not delete the high risk registry items if you are not sure.

Not to mention that clone file cleaner needs great care if you want to delete some of them.

Although needs updating, reading he whole thread of USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS is quite advisable.

Do not hesitate to ask in the Forum if you have any doubts.

All the best and cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Startup delay causing problems!

I have Advanced System Care Beta 5 Beta 3.0 on Vista Home SP2. I set my Firewall to "Enable" on startup but the Startup Manager changes it to Delay which would be OK but the Delay turns into "Never."

I've tried to change it several times with any luck. I manualy start it each time I start or restart. I would turn it off If I knew how! Would someone help with this. I'm old and my Gray (or grey) Matter is much slower now. I'm using PC Tools Firewall.

Walt

Hi Walt, I had the same problem! To solve it I stopped the "deep clean" from optimising the Startup section. This is where the program shows if it is delaying or stopping some program from starting when you first start your computer. (In my case it was also delaying the startup of my firewall and windows ddefender which meant that I needed to reset them manually every time I started my pc.) All going good again now though! Wouldn't be without the program!

Alan :lol:u

Well the worse has happened. After running the programs, I am in deep S**t! I think it was because I turned the Turbo Boost on, ran it before I really looked at what it was going to do.

Anyway this is my present situation. No Internet Connection, local access only; Task Manager won't run, indicates it is corrupt; Windows Installer Service will not run. When I try to start it, the Start Button is grayed out.

Bought a new Printer yesterday and it won't install because "Window Installer Service is not running."

I have to blame it on the ASC 5 Pro because all was working well before I installed and used it.

I'm fairly well versed on software and hardware but the OS is beyond me. Running around like a Chicken with the Cage Closed.

I considered taking it to a PC Repair but the nearest is 50 miles from where I live. Yes, I live in the boondocks. But driving 100 miles round trip and paying for repairs could be expensive to me. And then they may say it needs to be reformatted and I can do that.

So to the Administration of the IOBit software I'm going to un-install the program and do without it as I have been doing for years and survived. Probably a very good program but suggest it for advanced Users only.

The $12.XX was worth the experience I guess, I do not request a refund. Spend it on perfecting the program.

Thank you for the kindness and information posted earlier.

Regards,

Walt

Hi Walt

Well it sounds like you have to stop the turbo boosting and restart your machine - see if that brings the functionality back to your computer.

The TurboBoost stops many services not necessary for the basic operation of the computer to maximize as much resources for a specific task as possible. Mostly used by gamers with older machines that lack the resources to play the games they want to play. Many games today use very many resources.

If not all services return to normal by closing the TurboBoost and restarting - then try to go into services.msc and restart these services manually.

You could throw in in a chkdsk along the away after the deactivation of TurboBoost.

Please write again and tell us if you got it all back.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Perhaps also take a look at the settings in Active Boost!

Well the worse has happened. After running the programs, I am in deep S**t! I think it was because I turned the Turbo Boost on, ran it before I really looked at what it was going to do.

Anyway this is my present situation. No Internet Connection, local access only; Task Manager won't run, indicates it is corrupt; Windows Installer Service will not run. When I try to start it, the Start Button is grayed out.

Bought a new Printer yesterday and it won't install because "Window Installer Service is not running."

I have to blame it on the ASC 5 Pro because all was working well before I installed and used it.

I'm fairly well versed on software and hardware but the OS is beyond me. Running around like a Chicken with the Cage Closed.

I considered taking it to a PC Repair but the nearest is 50 miles from where I live. Yes, I live in the boondocks. But driving 100 miles round trip and paying for repairs could be expensive to me. And then they may say it needs to be reformatted and I can do that.

So to the Administration of the IOBit software I'm going to un-install the program and do without it as I have been doing for years and survived. Probably a very good program but suggest it for advanced Users only.

The $12.XX was worth the experience I guess, I do not request a refund. Spend it on perfecting the program.

Thank you for the kindness and information posted earlier.

Regards,

Walt

Thanks for writing. No I did not get it all back. Services on two of the items were not helpful as the START was grayed out. I corrected everything the hard way, reformatted. A long drawn out process as you know. However, all thing are working again.

I'm going to install ASC 4 for a while, watch the forum and when I see something about ASC 5 that has been updated, etc., will probably go back

I do appreciate you interest in my problem and the post you sent. Couldn't ask for more.

Thanks

Walt

Hi Walt!

There is a wonderful highly reputable free backup imaging software named Macrium Reflect. I highly recommend it as you can re-image your system very easily and quickly. You never know when you are going to encounter problems and this is MUCH simpler!! ;-)

Many of the senior forum members here endorse and recommend this software.

If you wish to look at it, google and read some reviews from reputable software evaluaters and if you decide to give it a shot, you can find it here: http://majorgeeks.com/Macrium_Reflect_FREE_Edition_d6034.html

The majorgeeks page is tricky to some, due to the advertisements, and they download the wrong thing. The attached screenshot is where the download for Macrium is.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Thank you. I have never had a Backup Program. Just didn't understand it all. However, after looking at this one I think I'll give it a try.

I noticed that is didn't say "Not for Old F**ts" so may give it a try.:-?

Thanks again

Walt

Archived