IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 8

Melvin_Deal

With the modifications and ramifications of Win 7 into 8, I suspect you will see alot of disfunctionality in support of XP across the board.

I have a 9 year old car in the driveway. The parts are hard to find for a reasonable price... everybody has moved on to newer cars!

XP was a fine OS. Debatably the best historically MS has offered.

But as the world spins and days go by.. what was once new and great.. becomes old.

Many software manufacturers are going to stop support of Win XP soon. They must focus on ironing their software to Win 7 and 8. Vista was a big experiment leading to 7... leaning heavily on the XP users for support.

Win 7 was the refinement of Vista (transition).

Win 8 is the refinement.

Microsoft hopes that Win. 8 will be the new XP.

-Mel

Many software manufacturers are going to stop support of Win XP soon.

You may be right,the problem is If thy did thy lose far to many clientell as Xp is still used 60% over all .the other MS OS, win vista win 7.

because its the best out there ,tho I do not use it myself any more on the 4 core pc still run it on the 2 core now and then.

now as for 8 what I have seen and used looks ugly, and childish

the menu sucks,,,

but runs very fast,remembering its a Beta. and no hurry using it after trying it..

thy have changed it some but still feels like using win 7 once you get away from the opening menu.that has huge Icons with a ugly green background.

and do things ,when done faced with this green thing.

like I said its a testing Beta..and may be different from the finished OS.

Mr Bean

I done a lot of reading on 8, seems its aimed at the tablets mostly ,whether thy change this well remains to be seen.good news for Linux who are aiming at the desk top and lap top systems.now if MS has this in mind probably a bad move.I do not see that many using tablets at home.looking at the different demos on Utube Seems There are a lot Used instead of the desktop but thy stay at home.I have seen the tablets and fascinating.(apple) driven

MS for my money are very late,I have tried the developer version that is available and its only half there many features not running.its said that a full Beta 8-1

be released about February 2012---- one thing I can say it is faster then windows 7 and any older OS The fastest one So far Made by MS Tho may have to Do with the limited staring up processes as its only half a Os and a demo version not upgraded able!

from what I read you need to install it fresh (recommended) the beta version.

similar to the beta windows 7 when it first came out.8 beta 1 will then only live for 6mounths. like the 7 version as its a tester OS only .so it will be 12 mounts or even longer before we see a full release

most programs made before 2005 will not run on windows 8..and not compatible With any XP software!! From my research many say this to be So

XP is a redundant OS and "not supported any More" <<<<<<<<<<

,Stopped By ms them selfs..I stopped using it as it will not run on this PC.crashing all the time

and some times fail to boot properly..

Like 98 and 2000 Xp belong to that group Complaining to software vendors

be useless as thy no longer will themselves support XP..and Vista heading The same way..once windows 8 is in full swing

so be prepared to install 7 or 8 .even if you do not like the idea...

Now you may buck up at the idea not using XP is Just NOT on. and hang on to a dieing OS

,well there is always Linux as a alternative????

Note: You can't uninstall the Windows 8 Developer Preview. To go back to your previous operating system, you must reinstall it from restore or installation media.

So think a while.. if that is what you want to do

Mr bean..

Archived