IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare 5 misc. questions

JohnnySokko

Hello,

I have a few questions about the newest version of Advanced SystemCare (5.0.0).

1.) The first thing that I noticed is that the Performance Monitor is no longer on my desktop. I had gotten used to seeing it there, so now my desktop seems rather naked without it. LOL. Was my download incomplete, or was the feature removed? If it was removed, can you tell me why? And, if yes, do you think it may be re-added in a future version? I, personally, would like to see it return if it was, indeed, removed.

2.) What are the differences between Turbo Boost and ActiveBoost? Can you please explain in as much detail as possible. On the surface they appear to do basically the same thing, but I'm sure there are differences between the two. What are they, exactly?

3.) And what about game Booster? What is that, and what does it do that Turbo Boost and ActiveBoost do not? I, personally, think I0bit has too many "boosters" available, and without a clear explanation of what each one does and what they differently from each other, it's very confusing. :-) In light of this, please explain what the differences are between all three and tell me why Game Booster exists — when the other two boosters (Turbo Boost and ActiveBoost) seem to do the same thing.

4.) This is my last question, and it's a general question not related specifically to Advanced SystemCare but to all of your products.

I would like to know why I cannot download products directly from your site? Whenever I try to download something, I am redirected to CNET. It would be great if I could download directly from the developer, I0bit, instead of being directed to a third party. Why is this option not available?

Thank you. Looking forward to your answers. :-)

Lots of questions...

#1) please see this thread concerning the performance monitor. -> ASC5 CPU Meter Question

#2) Gamebooster is a stand alone software that more closely resembles Turbo-Boost.!!

#3) Excellent point on clarification

#4) Cnet provides a user ready, friendly support system for downloads that is reputable and clean. Iobit softwares are available for download on multiple free sites. Hosting on such sites is highly common and reduces the cost of delivery to the public.

-Mel

Thanks for your reply. I've been working 2 shifts the past couple of weeks, so I just now got around to reading it.

I still would like to get more clarification on the above questions. I don't really feel as though I know all that much more than I did when I first started this thread.

1.) Regarding the Performance Monitor, I did learn that the feature was excluded from version 5 of Advanced SystemCare.

Any idea if it will be back in a future version?

Personally, I think it should be reintroduced with an option to activate it or turn it off. Do you, or does anyone else, know why IObit chose to get rid of it? I read some speculation about it being "buggy," but that was it, just speculation.

2.) Please try and explain Game Booster better to me. I realize that it's a stand-alone program, but is it simply just a renamed stand-alone version of Turbo Boost, or is it actually different?

3.) Regarding ActiveBoost, ActiveBoost is enabled by default on Advanced SystemCare. Do you have any idea how it actually works?

Is there any downside to leaving it enabled?

4.) Regarding Turbo Boost, do you know what it does that ActiveBoost doesn't already do? And how is it actually different from ActiveBoost?

Thanks! :-)

Hi JohnnySokko

It is a good idea to read about the programs in the manual or in the thread Usage of IObit Products.

Also it is a must to go through ones settings in order to make the program perform according to your personal preferences.

1. The remnants of the performance monitor is in the recommandation for action in v.5.0 Whether it will come back in it's old form I do not know - there were quite a few that had trouble with it if measured in posts here.

You have always been able to turn it off in the settings or by right clicking it and select close.

2. Gamebooster is an application that stops services that aren't necessary while gaming - primarily in order to save resources for gaming.

It does much the same as TurboBoost but gamebooster has more options.

GameBooster was developed first of the two!

3. Active boost is like it says an application that optimizes CPU and RAM usage. One could perhaps liken it to SmartRam.

4. As I explained TurboBoost generally optimizes by closing services in order to save resources while ActiveBoost just optimizes the usage of the CPU and the RAM.

Most of this is explained in the program I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for your reply. I've been working 2 shifts the past couple of weeks, so I just now got around to reading it.

I still would like to get more clarification on the above questions. I don't really feel as though I know all that much more than I did when I first started this thread.

1.) Regarding the Performance Monitor, I did learn that the feature was excluded from version 5 of Advanced SystemCare.

Any idea if it will be back in a future version?

Personally, I think it should be reintroduced with an option to activate it or turn it off. Do you, or does anyone else, know why IObit chose to get rid of it? I read some speculation about it being "buggy," but that was it, just speculation.

2.) Please try and explain Game Booster better to me. I realize that it's a stand-alone program, but is it simply just a renamed stand-alone version of Turbo Boost, or is it actually different?

3.) Regarding ActiveBoost, ActiveBoost is enabled by default on Advanced SystemCare. Do you have any idea how it actually works?

Is there any downside to leaving it enabled?

4.) Regarding Turbo Boost, do you know what it does that ActiveBoost doesn't already do? And how is it actually different from ActiveBoost?

Thanks! :-)

I've tried to get up to speed on all the info posted in the whole forum. This discussion has been helpful. A couple of things.

1. I can't seem to stop v5 from starting every time I restart my computer. I've tried to disable startup in services. The service is stopped but Task Manager show it running in processes.

2. I uninstalled v4 before installing v5, had a few problems so I started the process all over again. I still have over 30MB of v4 installed. It looks like v4 left fragments and v5 blended the two versions together. Any thoughts on a "CLEAN" process of uninstall and install.

3. I've also noticed CCleaner users with ASC have to adjust the settings in both. Errors in search/index and Ntsf pop up. MS Search in ccleaner in windows applications must be unchecked. I also cleared index data files in privecy sweep and the errors went away.

I really have nothing but good things to say about the product. I am trying to keep up as I am new to everything.

Thanks Again,

Hi fixitmyself

Reading through Usage of IObit Products will give you a good idea of how everything works. Reading the manual should be mandatory too!

1. If you in the settings unticks that ASC5 should start up with Windows and untick that it should run a cleaning operation at start up too - then it won't :-)

2. Please try uninstalling v.4 in advanced mode with IObit Uninstaller

Read about uninstalling and clean uninstall in Usage of IObit Products

3. The settings in Ccleaner must be configured to your preference too

The first thing to do with any program is to check the settings prior to using the program.

A computer reacts to the commands it is given - it isn't intelligent and cannot know what all your preferences are before you tell it. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I've tried to get up to speed on all the info posted in the whole forum. This discussion has been helpful. A couple of things.

1. I can't seem to stop v5 from starting every time I restart my computer. I've tried to disable startup in services. The service is stopped but Task Manager show it running in processes.

2. I uninstalled v4 before installing v5, had a few problems so I started the process all over again. I still have over 30MB of v4 installed. It looks like v4 left fragments and v5 blended the two versions together. Any thoughts on a "CLEAN" process of uninstall and install.

3. I've also noticed CCleaner users with ASC have to adjust the settings in both. Errors in search/index and Ntsf pop up. MS Search in ccleaner in windows applications must be unchecked. I also cleared index data files in privecy sweep and the errors went away.

I really have nothing but good things to say about the product. I am trying to keep up as I am new to everything.

Thanks Again,

Archived