IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Don't use registry cleaner in toolbox!

donPablo

Well, i think it's a bug, but when i scan my pc with iobit registry cleaner in toolbox for errors it found around 200 errors, 100 in activex and component and another 100 in deep clean.After i clean the registry i restart my pc and i noticed that the pc boot slow.i try the restore tool but the pc continue to boot slow.But when i install the asc5 pro, i scan the pc with deep scan and the computer was faster, boot faster, shutdown faster and it recommend me to exploer toolbox... so only when i used the registry cleaner in toolbox my pc boot realy slow.. i think it's a bug and if is tell me how to fix... i tried the restore tools but nothing... and i installed windows 7 ultimate x64, 4 days ago.. i have all drivers and updates up to date.Here are some specification of my pc:

CPU: intel q6700 @ 2.66 oc to 3.00

Graphics card: Nvidia 9500gt

MB: p5kpl-am se

ram: 4gb 1066

HHD: 160 GB

Thx in advance! :-D

Hi don pablo!

"so only when i used the registry cleaner in toolbox my pc boot realy slow.."

The reccomendation that appears to "explore toolbox" is unfortunate! Some tools are safe to use blindly, and some are not!!

I disagree with the way the main GUI of ASC is being handled! Non Iobit products promoted and recomendations of unnecessary scans (frowny face... you have not done a scan in so many days<even if you didn't need to>, explore toolbox... etc.) The last thing most users need to do is explore the toolbox blindly!!

There are powerful tools in the Iobit toolbox that will absolutely mess your machine up if you don't know what you're doing!! There should be more warning about the repercussions of using these tools within ASC!!!

Please uncheck the "high risk" items that ASC5 finds within your system unless you know they need to be removed! High risk means that there is a high risk of damage to your system if it is fixed!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!!

Hi donPablo

As Melvin says a better word than Recommendation would be Suggestion especially regarding the suggestion to explore the Toolbox.

The toolbox in my opinion should be used for specific tasks that one feels may be beneficial from time to time.

It is very kind of IObit to provide all these options but I think that many people just wants to clean away malware and junk files and not be bothered by figuring out what settings to use in all the other options available.

By the way - there is no need to deep clean the registry incessantly.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, i think it's a bug, but when i scan my pc with iobit registry cleaner in toolbox for errors it found around 200 errors, 100 in activex and component and another 100 in deep clean.After i clean the registry i restart my pc and i noticed that the pc boot slow.i try the restore tool but the pc continue to boot slow.But when i install the asc5 pro, i scan the pc with deep scan and the computer was faster, boot faster, shutdown faster and it recommend me to exploer toolbox... so only when i used the registry cleaner in toolbox my pc boot realy slow.. i think it's a bug and if is tell me how to fix... i tried the restore tools but nothing... and i installed windows 7 ultimate x64, 4 days ago.. i have all drivers and updates up to date.Here are some specification of my pc:

CPU: intel q6700 @ 2.66 oc to 3.00

Graphics card: Nvidia 9500gt

MB: p5kpl-am se

ram: 4gb 1066

HHD: 160 GB

Thx in advance! :-D

Archived