IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Your ending my license caused me windows problems

LEF48

Your ending my license caused me windows problems

You have done it - again !

Today Sunday Dec. 4th, I had problems starting my windows 7. The system had to go into 'repair mode' and it took ages to finally allow me to enter windows.

I had done absolutely nothing except close my computer normally the previous session. So I was curious to know why it behaved that way.

I opened my ASC version 5 (upgraded recently from version 4 after you simply cancelled WRONGLY my valid license in November!) and I noticed that my ASC had changed to "free" instead of "pro" which is still valid according to my records.

1) You had no right to change my license - without even advising me of it.

2) This is the 2cd time it happens and it makes me waste time to have communicate with you to have this fixed - again !

3) I dont like your method of tampering with my computer whenever I connect to "update". I feel you have violated basic privacy under the pretext of advising an "update".

4) Finally, I must attribute today's windows problems to the fact you have unilaterally changed my settings when you changed to the "free" version.

I am quite angry this time, the second time you wrongly cancel my valid license. Your marketing is lousy to use these methods to force renewal before it is even duie !

All in all, I prefer to use the free version because at least it will not cause me agravation with all these license problems. Your marketing is causing you to be dishonest because the client cannot use his license for the full 12 months you promised.

GRRR Lef

Hello Lef,

I'm curious why you think ASC, going to Free mode, would cause your computer to not Boot-up properly?

Is it because you had ASC configured to Load at system start,

or is it some other reason?

I'm thinking that the problem that caused your boot-up error may Also have caused ASC to revert to Free mode?

If ASC uses the CMOS-clock on the motherboard as a timer,

and that clock/calender got changed or interrupted somehow, that may cause a problem with ASC mode?

I'm not sure what ASC uses for a yearly timer though?

Archived