IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

want to restore my recent documents list

marriedhsdad

I am running ASC 5.0.0 Pro. on XP platform with Office Pro 2010.

Since I have started using ASC, I've noticed that the recent documents list n all my office applications have been emptied. I have searched through ASC to find out how to stop this and to restore my lists. I did run across the list of selected files in Privacy Sweep and deselected all "Other Programs," but it hasn't stopped emptying the list when it scans the system.

How do I prevent ASC from erasing the lists, and how do I restore what was deleted?

Thanks.

HSDad

Hi HSDad

It is a good idea to read the User Manual and/or Usage of IObit Products

Regarding the Privacy settings you have to select the things you want cleaned and untick the items you do not want to clean.

To be certain it works do it in both Quick care privacy and in Deep care privacy

You find the setting by clicking on "More▼" in the top line and select "Settings" and then go through the Privacy settings.

You may not be able to get the deleted recent document lists back - but you could try the Restore center and select to cancel the latest cleaning operations, start from the most recent one.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am running ASC 5.0.0 Pro. on XP platform with Office Pro 2010.

Since I have started using ASC, I've noticed that the recent documents list n all my office applications have been emptied. I have searched through ASC to find out how to stop this and to restore my lists. I did run across the list of selected files in Privacy Sweep and deselected all "Other Programs," but it hasn't stopped emptying the list when it scans the system.

How do I prevent ASC from erasing the lists, and how do I restore what was deleted?

Thanks.

HSDad

Thanks for your help

Dear solbjerg,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will clear the checks in the deep cleaning and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks also for the link to the Usage of IObit Products. I saw that you recommended it in another post and looked for it for over an hour on the site. I searched for it and the search brought up several pages of posts, but not the one you mentioned.

HSDad

Hi HSDad

You also have the possibility to not run the privacy cleaning at all.

Privacy cleaning erases the easily accessible records of what you have used your computer for recently, but if you don't care if others can see what activity you have engaged in and if you really want to have access to this list of recent activity you should not clean your privacy at all.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Usage of IObit Products thread is situated under the section General Forums

You will also be able to find it if you in Search chooses advanced search and write the search text "Usage IObit Products" - the search has to utilize words with a minimum of four letters!

Dear solbjerg,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will clear the checks in the deep cleaning and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks also for the link to the Usage of IObit Products. I saw that you recommended it in another post and looked for it for over an hour on the site. I searched for it and the search brought up several pages of posts, but not the one you mentioned.

HSDad

• 3 months later...

Regarding the Privacy settings you have to select the things you want cleaned and untick the items you do not want to clean.

To be certain it works do it in both Quick care privacy and in Deep care privacy

You find the setting by clicking on "More▼" in the top line and select "Settings" and then go through the Privacy settings.

I did exactly all of the things you listed, and every time I log into my profile on my home PC, ASC Pro wipes my recent documents list. It's very annoying!

Hi AudioGuy, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

Did you untick the relevant checkboxes in AutoClean privacy in Settings window, under Automatic Service also?

You can also untick "Automatically sweep privacy when log on/off computer" option checkbox to stop ASC cleanining aall privacy during log on to and log off from Windows.

Cheers.

Archived