IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Shortcut Fixer?

new2Pro

I just upgraded to pro and tried to use the short cut fixer and it did not fix any of my shortcut problems!

It just gave ma a long list of what they were.

Nothing in help told me if I SHOULD delete them or print them and try to fix them manually.

It didn't fix any of them and some are particularly annoying.

Do I try and fix them manually and some i can't because they are deeply imbedded in appdata.

FIXER? .. i'm perplexed

shortcut no pics

I reconfigured my hard drive from 4 partitions to 2 a few months ago.

and some programs laboriously require me to change the default folder every time I use the program from a non existing drive to a actual partition.:cry:

I did this to get rid of Lenovo's one button restore crap ( a great computer otherwise though )

Oh okay, that can be a very difficult problem to fix.

I can not think of any software that can locate the new correct path to assign to the old shortcuts.

They just find shortcuts that don't have valid paths and give the option to delete them.

You do not want to delete them until all the errors are fixed, though.

So you know which ones need fixing.

I think you will need to manually change the path for the shortcuts,

or create new shortcuts for the programs. :cry:

Archived