IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 7 Freezes after Deep Scan/Fix

Leincip

I have ASC5 on 3 machines and have experienced this issue on 2 of them. Windows 7 Pentium 4, with 2GB Ram. After I run the Deep Scan/Fix and the system reboots and does a ChkDsk and Registry Defrag (I think this happend too), Windows 7 will restart, but will hang in some operation after about 1-2 minutes. Hard shutdown is the only way to resolve, and then keeps doing the same thing.

Solution I have found is to rerun chkdsk / defrag from windows, then everything is fine. Any ideas besides not running the chkdsk defrag from ASC5?

Are you saying that you are running Deep scan/fix at the Windows Command-line?

Why are you doing That???

I have no idea what that does?

Did you try running the utilities, you need to run, from within ASC,

by clicking on Icons?

None of the utilities in ASC should be running 'chkdsk'. :shock:

'chkdsk' is a Windows utility, Not an ASC utility.

Hi Toppack,

If Disk Doctor (Disk Scan) finds some inconsistency in the PC and can not correct it when Windows is running, it will flag for a chkdsk /f (Windows utility) in the next start of Windows.

I suggest, IObit should modify ASC such as Registry Defrag to run in consecutive restart of Windows after a chkdsk (if needed) is performed in the next restart of Windows.

BTW, I can not find a clue that Leincip has run deep scan/fix at the Windows Command-line, other than having 3 PCs.:roll:

@Leincip, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Windows' defrag is not same as ASC5's Registry Defrag. So I would suggest to run Registry Defrag function alone in ASC5.

Cheers.

A friend gave me one of those new 2.5" drives the other day,

he thought it may be defective, so I told him I would check it.

He said I could have it, if it worked. :mrgreen:

I plugged it into a hot-swap bay of my new computer and started running 'chkdsk/f'.

Suddenly it started sounding like it was about to Explode. :shock:

I was expecting to find little pieces of it scattered all over my new case,

but luckily it stayed together. :lol:

Toppack, I wonder what it would have done if you had run chkdsk /r . :razz:

It is the "Disk Scan" module in "Deep Care" of ASC5, which is using ASC5's Toolbox utility "Disk Doctor"'s same logic. [same as Check Disk (chkdsk) Windows utility.] :lol::lol:

Cheers.

More info on Orignal Problem

Gents:

I never said I ran Chksdsk or anything else from the command line. I run the Deep Care in ASC5 Free, full regimen of checks. After that is done, and I have restarted my machine, then Windows will hang within 1-2minutes.

So I am asking for any ideas why this may be occuring. The only solution I have found to stop it from hanging, once this has started is to run from within Windows Disk Tools, their Chkdsk and Defrag.

Hopefully this additional info helps you see what I am talking about.

Toppack, I can not find a clue that Leincip has run deep scan/fix at the Windows Command-line, other than having 3 PCs.:roll:

@Leincip, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

Windows' defrag is not same as ASC5's Registry Defrag. So I would suggest to run Registry Defrag function alone in ASC5.

Cheers.

Leincip, the above quoted suggestion is still valid.

I suggest, IObit should modify ASC such as Registry Defrag to run in consecutive restart of Windows after a chkdsk (if needed) is performed in the next restart of Windows.

Two independent startup commands of ASC5 are tried automatically to be done in Windows startup, that is why I have suggested IObit to apply them one by one in consecutive starts.

Cheers.

Archived