IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I'm unable to unplug or switch off external drives for IObit

I'm unable to unplug or switch off external drives because, when I use the "Safely Remove Hardware" gadget in Windows system tray, I receive an error message,

"The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later."

This with the active "IObit SmartDefrag".

I must deactivate "IObit SmartDefrag" to have the solution.

• 5 months later...

I must second Emili's post.

I'm using the latest smartdefrag version (1.1.0.2) and the same problem: not able to safely remove the hardware neither by left-clicking the safely remove icon nor by double clicking and opening the window.

And since now smartdefrag is official (no longer beta) I think this (among other bugs) must be addressed ASAP, I know it's not a BIG problem but it's a functionality issue that makes the users to remove their hard drive either by shutting down smartdefrag OR powering off the computer.

Just my .50 cents

Hi enoskype.

I already use that program for unlocking certain files, but while iobit fixes that glitch I'll also use it for unlocking removable HDD. Just hope that the fix doesn't delay much. My parents are willing to have smartdefrag on their computers but they are not geeks ;-) so telling them to use another program will complicate things.

Thanks for your suggestion.

PS I was inactive because I was waiting for smartdefrag to be official and no beta.

Regards

Archived