IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

detailer

excuse the new guy-laugh if you will-options on defrag program make available a value to set(stop defrag after.....) what is this? how do i arrive at a value-os is win xp home @75% of memory is free-by the way,didn't know what a mess my hd was till i ran this-but what do i know-only had a pc for 6 months(self taught)and i detail cars for a living-anybody?

Hi detailer,

This setting tells the auto defrag to stop running in the background if CPU usage reaches a certain percent to keep from bogging down when it is getting high usage. I think the default is now at 40% and it seems to work OK for me. If you feel that it is bogging things down when running large programs you can back it down.

samr.

Hi IcyFrostPyro,

The thing that I have found running the auto defrag is that it it will run lightly in the background when PC & disk are idle (here & there), kind of slowly chipping away at recent fragged files. By keeping these defragged you will find that when you run a manual defrag, it may only run for a few minutes vs. maybe a half hour or 45 minutes on a very fragmented disk. You will also find that by running auto defrag you will not have to run full defrag nearly as often. I usually find 5-50 fragments vs. hundreds. Also, having fewer file fragments at all times you are not constantly "skipping around" all these fragmented files trying to read them (thus the faster speed). Seems to me to cut down on wear & tear.

samr.

Sorry Samr, but I DEFINITELY know the Microsoft Defragger will definitely cause wear and tear if you do it often ^^ anyhow, I still believe in wear and tear so watch out :D. plus with IObit products defrags dont take long. JkDefrag seems to defrag long but it has kept my system running up to speed for quite a while.

Archived