IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Settings

solbjerg

Hi All

As IObit's programs evolve they encompass more and more functions and this greatly enhances the necessity to go through the settings and choose those that are compatible with ones use of the computer.

This may be irritating for many people that just want a simple solution that doesn't require much input prior to use?

Happy Christmas!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg!!

Agreed!

The old ASC is gone... in with the new!:shock:

For some it is a surprise (unwelcome in many instances)!

Even long time ASC users, used to the "download upgrade" and scan/fix with defaults fearlessly left in place, are caught off guard!!

I had to re-image after the repercussions of my similar behavior after install of Ver. 4 shortly before release of Ver. 5

My personal belief is that default actions using such powerful tools should be set not to perform.... that the interface of ASC should offer a second set of tools... only for advanced users or those with the time to perform them sucessfully and with due warnings before launch!

When users download and install even the free versions... then run with defaults in place (as most do)... an expectation of "no harm only help" is held to the software. Especially a Help software!

What's happening is Iobit is undermining the track record of ASC. If the behavior in new versions is not changed by the programmers... soon the wind will be against them!

Smiley faces:-) frowny faces:-( based only on your usage of their software!!! :twisted:

Recommendation of scans based on your system clock and frowny faces based solely on that!!!:shock:

Recommendation to "Explore Toolbox" with no warnings or guidance as to the repercussions of running the various softwares!!!:cry:

ASC is trying to be Everything to Everybody... and that is not possible!!!

It isn't that the users don't review the settings (They will once they have a problem and are advised to by a good forum member here). Only that they believe that they don't have to. The marketing campaign of Iobit does not reflect this!!!? Iobit continues to market itself as a "one-click- and-fix utility"

Blah!Barf!Regurgitate! I could go on and give more specifics if you want...???

Thank you h!, are you n or s of EQ. parka or waveboard for Holiday?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived