IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What setting deletes Word file history?

highstream

Is Word listed in the 'Privacy sweep' settings?

That's the settings I would check first.

If not there I would look at the 'Junk files clean' utility settings.

The answer to both when I went looking was no. Unfortunately, on the next bootup Windows 7 wouldn't start. On restart, Windows ran a startup repair and suggested a system restore as an alternative. That eliminated the ASC5 executable and, as a result of this experience, ASC5.

Try It, You will Like It! :-D

I did, the main scan and the deeper one, and even looked through the detailed results before deleting. And it looked good, until I rebooted and Win 7 hung, then needed to do a system repair and eventually a system restore. From what I read in user reviews before downloading, some people love ASC and some have had my experience.

Sorry, I just can't think of anything in ASC that could cause W-7 OS to "Hang-up"?

Except for the 'Duplicate File delete' utility and I knew better than to delete any system files listed in that one. I don't even run that one anymore.

Some of the other utilities can disable programs, if the setting options are not set correctly, but should not disable the OS.

You have to realize that ASC is a group of many different utilities, Not one program.

Many can be run all-at-once but can be run individually as needed and setting options should always be checked before running any of them.

They do a very good job of improving performance when used responsibly.

Archived