IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Got a pb...

titou56

Hi SuperDave :wink:

Fine thank you ! I believe it is clean at the time :grin:

I masked the net framework 4 updates and all about MS office...

It seems ok... Can't we erase some key int the register in relation with MS Office ?

May I uninstall all the softs utilised now ?

In any events, i would you to know how much I thank you for your help here !

Cordialy

I'm not messing around in the Registry. Even the experts try to stay away from that. Let's do some cleanup.

* Click START then RUN - Vista users press the Windows Key and the R keys together for the Run box.

* Now type Combofix /uninstall in the runbox

* Make sure there's a space between Combofix and /Uninstall

* Then hit Enter

* The above procedure will:

* Delete the following:

* ComboFix and its associated files and folders.

* Reset the clock settings.

* Hide file extensions, if required.

* Hide System/Hidden files, if required.

* Set a new, clean Restore Point.

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.

Double-click TFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.

* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.

* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

Looking over your log it seems you don't have any evidence of a third party firewall.

Firewalls protect against hackers and malicious intruders. You need to download a free firewall from one of these reliable vendors.

Remember only install ONE firewall

1) Comodo Personal Firewall (Uncheck during installation "Install Comodo SafeSurf..", Make Comodo my default search provider" and "Make Comodo Search my homepage" and uncheck any HopSurf and/or Ask.com options if you choose this one)

2) Online Armor

3) Agnitum Outpost

4) PC Tools Firewall Plus

If you are using the built-in Windows XP firewall, it is not recommended as it does not block outgoing connections. This means that any malware on your computer is free to "phone home" for more instructions. Simply put, Windows XP contains a mediocre firewall. This firewall is NO replacement for a dedicated software solution. Remember to use only one firewall at the same time.

Use the Secunia Software Inspector to check for out of date software.

•Click Start Now

•Check the box next to Enable thorough system inspection.

•Click Start

•Allow the scan to finish and scroll down to see if any updates are needed.

•Update anything listed.

----------

Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.

----------

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

SpywareBlaster- Secure your Internet Explorer to make it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. Also stop certain cookies from being added to your computer when running Mozilla based browsers like Firefox.

* Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

* If you don't know what ActiveX controls are, see here

Protect yourself against spyware using the Immunize feature in Spybot - Search & Destroy. Guide: Use Spybot's Immunize Feature to prevent spyware infection in real-time. Note: To ensure you have the latest Immunizations always update Spybot - Search & Destroy before Immunizing. Spybot - Search & Destroy FAQ

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.

Safe Surfing!

Hi Titou!

Please follow Superdave's advisement in the previous post with the exception of this one:

Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.
Once Dave releases we will re-open and explore the OS repair on your other thread!

P.S. Is the Windows automatic updater still disabled. If it isn't... then disable it. If it is still disabled then please stop checking for updates manually.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and Prosper!

Thanks Dave!!:grin:

S'il vous plaît suivez délibéré superdave dans le post précédent à l'exception de celui-ci:

[citer] Aller à Microsoft Windows Update et obtenir toutes les mises à jour critiques. [/ quote] Une fois que les communiqués de Dave nous ré-ouvrir et d'explorer la réparation OS sur votre autre thread!

Post-scriptum Est-ce automatique de Windows Updater toujours invalide. Si ce n'est pas ... puis désactivez-le. S'il est encore invalide alors s'il vous plaît arrêter la vérification de mises à jour manuellement.

Hi Melvin :wink:

Ok, thank you for these precisions.

By the way, what about ASC pro and IMF pro in all that ?

Tell me, I thought Spybot was `` has-been

What is, for you, the best free firewall that I may install ?

Very best regards

Hi Titou and Dave!

@Titou: Dave offers advisements reflective of his training, experience, and knowledge independent of the forum he is posting on. He advises with your best interest in mind!:grin:

@ Titou: Dave propose délibérés reflet de sa formation, son expérience et de connaissances indépendant de la tribune, il est affiché sur. Il conseille aux mieux de vos intérêts à l'esprit!

@Dave: If you have released Titou, I will re-open his other thread and move a couple of posts concerning the Net framework problem as I think I have found a solution. Thanks a million again Dave!:mrgreen:

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

@Titou: Dave offers advisements reflective of his training, experience, and knowledge independent of the forum he is posting on. He advises with your best interest in mind!:grin:

Hi Melvin :wink:

Of course, I am well aware of this and I thank you, both, again sincerely !

But I wonder :

- Combofix is free, spybot is free, IMF pro is about 20 €...

- TFC is free, ASC pro is about 20 €...

... this is some years, since their first beta, I buy the flagship products of IObit : ASC pro and IMF pro. I supported IOBit during the storm with Malwarebytes.

I encourage users on French forums and also my French friends to use the products of IOBit team...

So I would like to know, simply and friendly, what confidence should I have on the horizon of license renewal ?

- What is the place of IMF against its competitors named in this post ?

- What firewall can I install ?

Very best regard

Hi Titou!

As Dave seems to have released you (he has visited for a few days and not posted back)

Personally I find the Comodo firewall least irritating and effective!:-)

I am compromised in this post on this section of the Forum and cannot give you recommendations or evaluations about the security softwares you choose to run.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Archived