IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Computer runs Disk Check with every reboot

gsb53

I recently installed ASC 5 on Dell 3000. Each time I reboot, the computer starts to run a hard disk check before completing the start-uo. The disk check finishes with no problems, but it still runs each time the computer reboots. When I uninstall ASC5 this no longer occurs.

I installed the program on my laptop also running Windows XP and don't have this problem.

Any suggestions.

Hi gsb53! Welcome to Iobit forum!

Was ASC 5 the first version of ASC you had used? If you had upgraded to ASC 5 from an earlier version, had you done a clean install or just installed over the top of the previous version? Was it the newest version of ASC5 available here ? Clean install guidelines are available here and here.

Try unchecking the shown setting to see if the problem disappears. I can't see why this would cause the problem unless the install is somehow corrupt. Just to see, uncheck it and do a restart. The settings may be accessed by clicking the "more" tab at the top right of the ASC main GUI!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9359&d=1327018859

Disk Scan

I recently installed ASC 5 on Dell 3000. Each time I reboot, the computer starts to run a hard disk check before completing the start-uo.....

Do you have Disk Scan ticked? Un-tick Disk Scan and see if that makes a difference.

If ASC Disk Scan finds a problem it will automatically schedule a Windows Chkdsk.

By the way, if a Chkdsk is scheduled and you want to cancel it go to Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks and delete the Chkdsk task before you shut down your computer.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9365&stc=1&d=1327032629

...I installed the program on my laptop also running Windows XP and don't have this problem....

At the moment Windows is doing a:

/f : Fixes errors on the disk. The disk must be locked. If chkdsk cannot lock the drive, a message appears that asks you if you want to check the drive the next time you restart the computer.

It might be a good idea to do a:

/r : Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information. The disk must be locked.

See this MS article for details:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chkdsk.mspx?mfr=true

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Woz

The disk check finishes with no problems
(post #1) It is puzzling!

Which one does it automatically schedule to perform?

If ASC Disk Scan finds a problem it will automatically schedule a Windows Chkdsk.
I see... It is /f

At the moment Windows is doing a:

/f : Fixes errors on the disk. The disk must be locked. If chkdsk cannot lock the drive, a message appears that asks you if you want to check the drive the next time you restart the computer.

Hi gsb53 do you get this message "to check the drive the next time you restart?"

Sincerely

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

(post #1) It is puzzling!

Which one does it automatically schedule to perform?

This usually just finds Index Errors but these are not considered a "problem"

Running /r from time to time is a good idea I think.

/r : Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information. The disk must be locked.

If there are no problems with the disk this might end up being a Dell 'thing', I have never used Dell but from what I read sometimes software can have problems on Dell that do not exist on other computers.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived